To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I received an error when creating my account so now I have no secret key or emergency kit.

gb1027
gb1027
Community Member

I received an error from your servers setting up my account and now I have no secret key or emergency kit.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:secret key missing

Comments

• Hey @gb1027, I'm so sorry to hear that you received an error when signing up! If you remember a few more details about what the error message said, I'd love to look into what happened a bit further.

Either way, go ahead and try signing up again with the same email address. It should hopefully work better this time:

https://start.1password.com/sign-up

• gb1027
    gb1027
    Community Member

Thanks Meek! I don't have the exact error or code but it was something like "There was an internal server error, your account couldn't be created at this time". Then when I went to try the process again it said an account already existed with my email but I didn't have the access key or emergency kit. This occurred on an iphone X using a vpn over wifi.
    -Will

• Hey @gb1027, thanks for the update! Hmm, it sounds like it may have been a temporary network error when trying to sign up while on a VPN. I'm really sorry that you hit this!

I've reset things for you so you should be able to sign up again with the same email address - it shouldn't say it already exists anymore :+1:

• David390
    David390
    Community Member

@Meek - Looks like a similar thing has happened to me. I submitted a support request on 13th of October but I haven't heard anything back yet. Any chance someone could reset my account too so I can re-register. I encountered an error when registering also and as I result I don't have my secret key and i'm unable to log in.

My support ticket ID is: #HJP-59335-361

Many thanks,
    David

• @David390: Thanks for sharing the support ID and apologies for the delay! We've been horribly busy of late and are only just starting to feel like we're catching up. Excuse me a moment while I find some wood to knock on ...

Ok, good, found some, I should be safe. :wink: Anyway, I'm working through the forum a bit later in the day so you may not hear back from someone right away, but I've left a note for our evening team that you need to have that sign-up reset. Reading your e-mail, your error looks a little different like your account was likely fully created, but worst case we can delete it and start over. Hang tight and you should hear from someone via e-mail soon. :chuffed:

• Red007
    Red007
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

I too got an error message when signing up for a membership account. The message was that my account data is locked (or something similar to that)

I did get an email that my account was setup successfully. However, when I try to login it asks me for a secret key which I cant print out because I cant login.

I'd like to try the membership option so wondering if my account can be reset.

Thanks for ANY help -

(BTW - trying the forums since I have had no response via email generated tickets)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2018

@Red007: I see that David has already been troubleshooting your browser/connection issue during signup via email. Please stop opening new tickets and sending multiple messages in different places. That only slows down response times for everyone — including you. I'll reply to your email shortly, and we'll continue the conversation there to avoid additional confusion.

ref: KBP-88121-226

This discussion has been closed.