Intermittent addon slow down when hitting my workplace JIRA instance's login page

This is an interesting one - I've got a JIRA instance at work that seems to cause problems for 1Password's browser addon, regardless of what browser or OS I use.

This manifests after I attempt to enter my username or password by hand. In Firefox, after hitting enter on the login page, the tab stalls for about five seconds, before popping open a tooltip that says the 1Password addon is slowing the page load down. If I click the prompt to stop the addon, the login immediately completes.

If I ignore the popup and wait, the login will complete on its own after about 15 seconds of wait time.

On Safari on OS X Mojave, there is no option to stop the addon, but the 5/15 second slowdown happens roughly the same way.

This is something specific to my internal Jira, since public Jiras I can hit on the web don't manifest this problem.

This also appears to be time-based, somehow. If I log out of the Jira and log back in, there is no slowdown on the login page until many hours later. I've been unable to isolate the timing and cause of this problem so far - if there is a way to get a dump of what the addon is doing during the wait, this would probably be helpful for both of us :)

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: Firefox 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Various
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password addon slow on internal Jira instance

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @karunamon,

I fear tracking this one down will be remarkably difficult given your own observations how this is happening with a very specific copy of JIRA and not anywhere where we can easily reproduce. The inconsistency also doesn't help. You say it happens when you enter your account credentials by hand, does it happen if you use 1Password to fill?

This discussion has been closed.