Cannot link any browser extensions except Safari

Hi, I have a new MacBook running macOS Mojave. I am running 1Password 7 and can only get the extension to work in Safari. In Chrome, when I click the extension icon, a page appears that says "Looking for the 1Password App", and then subsequently the 1Password App opens in front of the browser. However, the Chrome page then says "Couldn’t connect to 1Password". I've tried removing, rebooting, reinstalling... It makes it much more difficult not to be able to fill my password in Chrome.

1Password Version: 7.2.1 (Mac App Store)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Mojave 10.14
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @schwigri,

Can I trouble you for a diagnostic report please. It should help locate the cause much quicker than any blind troubleshooting can achieve and we should be able to get things working for you. This link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@1password.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. If you can post that ticket ID here it will help us locate your diagnostic report and we'll see what it reveals.

This discussion has been closed.