Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019
    Options

Hi @hdenk,

1Password X does not like that site at all. I shall file an issue to see what we can do to address it.

Now depending on your setup I did find something that might help. I found I could save a Login item using 1Password for Mac (1Password for Windows should work as well) and that having done so 1Password X could fill using that Login item. Do you happen to use a Mac or Windows PC and possibly already have our native application installed? If you do I can either describe how I achieved this or I can provide a copy of the Login item that you can import. Both approaches do require the native application, at least for now but if that's a possibility here at least we can help get things working for you now instead of needing to wait for a fix from us.

ref: x/b5x#634

• hdenk
    hdenk
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables ,

I use 1password on PC., Mac, Chromebook and Samsung S8 ;-)

If you can describe how you archieve this that would help me very much, thank you.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019
    Options

Hi @hdenk,

So using 1Password for Mac with the companion extension (available on our "Downloads - 1Password" page under the header 1Password extension) I just used the steps laid out on our support page How to save a Login manually in your browser. That item without any modification seems to work for me even with 1Password X. I'm not prompted to fill with the item in 1Password X but either of the following works.

1. Right click on the username field and select the Show 1Password contextual menu option. Select your Login item from the now visible inline menu.
    2. Click on the 1Password X button in the toolbar and click the FILL button against the matching Login item.

Now I've just realised 1Password isn't correctly designating the username and if I correct 1Password's mistake it will still fill in 1Password with the companion extension but it won't fill with 1Password X. So at least for now it seems better to leave 1Password with that mistake. It will still fill both fields, it just won't nicely display the username alongside the password when you view the item. Looks like another bug report will need filed.

ref: xplatform/brain#16

This discussion has been closed.