American Express not accepting 0’s in password.

Options

I am using the app on an iPhone 7 using the latest firmware. I tried using the password fill in to log into American Express. It kept on getting it wrong so I logged in manually to not lock my account.

I noticed that the password for My American Express password did not have the zero in it. When I tried to fix this the app wouldn’t let me put it in. It works for literally every other website I use but I simply cannot put in a zero in my AE password.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2018
    Options

Hi @1Man,

A daft bug did manage to slip past us and does impact the current version of 1Password for iOS. We do aim to correct this, hopefully very soon but for now the only workaround I've found that helps is to do the following.

1. Edit the Login item and copy the URL in the website field into either the note section or the iOS clipboard.
    2. Save.
    3. Edit the Login item and correct the password.
    4. Re-add the URL back to the currently empty website field.
    5. Save.

It's a pain and you shouldn't have to but at least it will allow you to correct the Login item from inside 1Password for iOS. The bug only affects 1Password for iOS so if you can edit anywhere else such as 1Password for Mac or the web interface for those with a 1Password account you should find you can correct without the silly dance.

• 1Man
    1Man
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks a lot. 1Password has been very amicable and quick in their responses to me. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I share your hope :smile:

This discussion has been closed.