1Password ONCE AGAIN not syncing

Options
desertman
desertman
Community Member
edited October 2018 in Mac

1Password (Agilebits store version) is once again not syncing. It is at least the 10th time that this happened and I cannot tell you how much this sucks. It happened at least 5 times that I showed up at a client's house and did not have the latest version of my 1Password data on my iPad (iOS 12). Right now I am not even able to get it to sync manually.

1Password for macOS says it's syncing; 1Password for iOS says it's syncing - but it's not. Even after multiple alleged synchronizations I still have 526 items on my Mac and only 519 items on my iPad.

Please provide me - for my version of 1Password - with a step-by-step instruction how to fix this and/or how to best set this up in a way that it lasts. Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• desertman
    desertman
    Community Member
    Options

PS: In a new attempt to get this going I duplicated one certain entry that I had edited today on my Mac and synced again. The duplicated entry is now as the edited version on my iPad. However, the original entry is still the old, unedited version (meaning: did not get synced).

• Ben
    Options

Hi @desertman

I'm very sorry to hear that you are again having trouble with syncing 1Password via iCloud. Seeing as this is an ongoing problem for you I think it would be worth considering if iCloud is able to meet your requirements for having your data always accessible on all of your devices. It seems to me the answer at this stage is that it cannot. As such I'd recommend seriously considering upgrading to a 1Password membership. If you'd like to continue troubleshooting the issues you're having with iCloud we can certainly do that. I don't want you to feel like your only option here is to switch to a service that will cost you more money, but considering the history here I do feel that membership is going to provide a much smoother experience for you. Because iCloud is a 3rd party service there is only so much insight that we have into what is happening. In short: 1Password membership is a 1st party service that was designed to do exactly what you're trying to do. It also provides a number of other benefits.

Some links that may be helpful:

Membership

iCloud

Please let me know what you decide.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.