1password on iOS crash when I copy or move datas

Options
Camji
Camji
Community Member

First of all, I'm a happy long time user of 1P (+10 years). First time I have a problem. Big up to your teams for that :+1:

Now my problem(s) :

First thing weird : last evening 1password on my Mac (last version of 1P, on Mojave) ask the password of my "main vault", wish is on iCloud. All the data in this vault don't appear anymore. And when I try to put the password it don't work. I tried other pwd, in vain.

But I have access to the datas of this vault on my iPhone and iPad, so I tried to move the data from the main vault to my "personal" vault on 1password.com (I don't tried the other way).

2nd problem : when I select items (with the iOS app), the "copy", "move" and "delete" buttons are grey/inactive.

Strangely, after creating a new 1password.com vault, the buttons are now active.

Then comes the 3d problem, the object of this message : When I try to move or copy more than (maybe) 100 items, the app crash.
Some items are copied (they appear on my Mac), but not all.

ouf ! End of the story (sorry for my english... yep, I'm French)
Thank you for your help (and for your very great apps by the way)

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 7.2.1
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: iCloud + 1password.com

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Camji

Thanks for taking the time to write in, and for the kind words. I’m sorry to hear about these difficulties. We don’t recommend keeping a “Primary” vault after signing up for 1Password membership for exactly the first reason — it can cause a lot of confusion as to which Master Password is which. A most undesirable situation to find yourself in. Once we get things working I’d highly recommend deleting any non-1Password.com vaults to avoid similar problems in the future.

For the 2nd problem — were you in the “All Vaults” view? If so please try switching to the Primary vault using the vault switcher at the top left of the screen and then try the operation again.

And last but certainly not least... for the 3rd problem... please send us the crash logs. Here are the steps you'll need to follow:

1. Plug your phone into your computer and sync it with iTunes.
    2. Switch to the Finder, click on the Go menu and choose "Go to Folder..."
    3. Paste the following into the window that pops up: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/
    4. Select all the files that begin with 1Password and drag them to Mail in the Dock to create a new mail message.
    5. Send the email to support+forum@agilebits.com

With your email please include a link to this thread:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/97221
    as well as your forum handle.

When you send the message you will get an automated reply from BitBot containing a Support ID. Please post the Support ID here so we can 'connect the dots.'

Your English is much better than my French! No worries. :)

Ben

• Camji
    Camji
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Ben for your quick answer and your explications

I understand I have to move my datas to my 1password.com vaults, then I'll can delete my good old "Primary" vault (So sad, we have come a long way together :'( ). Just kidding, it's the future, and 1password.com have some reeaally great (but a bit expensive ;) ) features for families.

For the 2nd pb : I'm pretty sure I've tried to switch to the Primary vault.

Last, I have send the crash logs, here is the support ID [#RPS-42538-533]

Hope it could help.

Best regards,
    Julien

• Ben
    Options

@Camji

Thank you for sending those. I spoke with our development team about them but unfortunately they are not telling us much about the issue. Could you please see if when you launch 1Password if it asks you to submit crash reports? If it does please send them. If it does not please try to get it to crash again so that it will ask.

Also, along with the crash reports, development is requesting a diagnostic report:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Please add your support ID to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#RPS-42538-533]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

Ben

• Camji
    Camji
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben ,

it's strange because last week when I was launching 1password after a crash, he asked me to send a report, which I did. But today I tried again to copy from Primary vault to my Personal 1password.com vault, but I don't have the popup anymore when I launch 1P after the crash.
    Small precision: Apparently 1password resumes or restarts part of the copy. (I watched the number of items on my Mac: it went from 0 to 100 before the crash, then to 270 after relaunching 1P). This number varies from one attempt to another (0 and 219, 33 and 134, ...).

Anyway, after 3 attempts this morning, I have collected the crash reports on my Mac and sent by email using the support ID.
    And I sent the diag report from the iOS app.

Another things : I tried to create a new "independent" ("standalone" ? I'm not sure of the word in the english version) vault with the Mac app, for trying to copy between 2 "independent" vaults, but I have an error :
    "The operation could not be completed.
    No other information is available about the problem."

And since I have lost the Primary vault connection, I have this errors, always on the Mac app, about the backup who cannot be done :
    "The backup failed
    1password failed to create a backup: (null)"

Regarding this errors, is it possible my Primary vault file stored on iCloud has been corrupted ?
    Maybe I can try to restore a backup of this vault ?

Thanks for your help.

Julien.

• Camji
    Camji
    Community Member
    Options

another clue that leads me to think of a corrupted file: in the Synchronization tab of the preferences of the Mac application, when I select "iCloud" in synchronization methods, 1P tells me to have found existing data, and propose to start sync.
    In the next step, 1P asks me to enter my password. In this window, it shows me 2 different password hints (I tried the corresponding passwords of course), but also and especially a date of last modification of the iCloud safe on January 1, 1970.
    When I put the password corresponding with the hint of the iCloud vault, I don't have any the same error message, 1P come back to synchronization window, and de-select iCloud, and I have a notification who said (I translate with my words all of this error messages) :
    "1P synchronization
    Problem detected
    Update settings"

But when I try a password I think is not the good one, I have an error message in a popup within the app who said (I let Google translate) :
    "Failed to unlock iCloud data
    If your primary password does not work, you may have changed it since your last iCloud sync. Try again to enter your master password, and if that still fails, try a previous master password."

That's it.

Thanks again.
    Julien

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @camji. I’m going to ask development to take another look at this for you.

Ben

ref: RPS-42538-533

• Camji
    Camji
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben,

to go forward, I moved all items from my Primary vault to a 1password.com vault. With a lot of crashes >_<
    But I ended up getting there. Then I tried to restore a backup of my Primary vault on my Mac, and think there was problem with this file, since I could sync again with que iCloud vault (the one I put an hour to empty... so I cut the sync).

after that I tried to delete the primary vault on iOS, and tried another big copy of items (1200) between 2 1password.com vaults ... but it crash again.
    Conclusion : my problem, reason of this post, is still there, but less urgent.

Best regards,
    Julien

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @Camji. It appears Stefanie has responded to you via email. Please let me know if you need further assistance after reviewing her email. :)

Ben

• Camji
    Camji
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @Ben,

it's OK, I'm in the beta test program. I will test again a large copy with the iOS app when the update will be available.

I have a last problem on the Mac app : when I select "all vaults", no datas appears (see my screenshots). I have datas if I select one vault, but when I select "All vaults" it's empty.

I haven't this problem on iOS.

Thank you for your help.
    Julien

• Ben
    Options

@Camji

Do you have any categories selected?

Ben

• Camji
    Camji
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben,

I can't select a category because it's empty, as you can see :

• Ben
    Options

Well. That’s different. :) At this point I’d like to see a diagnostic report from the Mac as well.

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.