1Password 7.xxxx doesn't open when clicking icon

Options

I am trying to migrate 1Password 4 to subscription version. I downloaded version 7 and went to run it but it does not open. What am I doing wrong?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lawrence1
    Lawrence1
    Community Member
    Options

I am running windows 10. Latest extension version

• Hi @Lawrence1,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Just to be clear, the issue is that you've double-clicked on our installer file and nothing happens?

Where did you download 1Password 7 from? Make sure you download it from here: https://1Password.com/downloads/

• Lawrence1
    Lawrence1
    Community Member
    Options

That is the site that I downloaded from.

• Lawrence1
    Lawrence1
    Community Member
    Options

I had to uninstall and reinstall 1password. I need to import passwords from standalone version 4. What is the procedure to do this from iPhone to windows pc?

• Lawrence1
    Lawrence1
    Community Member
    Options

I have resolved the issue with 1Password 7 not opening.

Does 1Password 7 interface with the web subscription version?

• Lawrence1
    Lawrence1
    Community Member
    Options

Where can I go to find out how to migrate 1Password 4 to subscription version?

• Hi @Lawrence1 ,

Yes, 1Password 7 supports both 1Password.com memberships and standalone vaults.

Here's how to migrate your standalone data to your 1Password account: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/?windows#migrate-your-data-on-your-main-device

If you've signed in to your 1Password account in 1Password 7 but haven't added your standalone vault, you can import that standalone vault into your account's Personal vault. To do this, go to the 1Password menu > Import, select Agile Keychain or OPVault folder and follow the instructions there.

• Lawrence1
    Lawrence1
    Community Member
    Options

MikeT, Thanks for responding. I was able to get migration from version 4 to 7. Does this migration show up in 1password online?

• @Lawrence1: It absolutely does. Once you've migrated on a single device, your data will automatically show up on 1Password.com when you sign in and in your apps on other devices as soon as you sign in to your account. Sync is automatic, so migration is one device and done. :chuffed:

• Lawrence1
    Lawrence1
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your quick response bundtkate.

• On behalf of Kate, you're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.