I am confused about the built-in Safari extension in version 7.2.

jazzman
jazzman
Community Member

When I open Safari preferences...extensions...it shows the 1Password 7.2 extension. I can't remember if I updated it or what. There are no other messages attached to it or anything. Do I need to just leave it, or do I need to do something else? By the way, I have the stand alone version of 1Password.

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 7.2.1
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

That should be correct, as the extension is now part of 1PW itself. I know you say the extension is 7.2, but I think you must mean 7.2.1/

Make sure it is enabled, and if you have problems, trhy quitting both Safari and 1PW (quit 1PW COMPLETELY by using ctrl-option-cmd-Q) and then opening them again.

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member

@danco I do have 7.2.1. I'm not sure how to make sure it is enabled other than to check in Safari preferences and make sure there is no message to the contrary. Please clarify. Otherwise, it looks like I'm good to go.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

There is a checkbox (Safari > Preferences > Extensions), but presumably you have made sure this is checked. If that's not working, I don't have any other ideas, but an AgileBits staff member will be along in due course and will respond.

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member

It is checked. Thank you for clearing this up.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jazzman - I'm sorry for the delay in our reply to you, but glad @danco was on the case. :) So it sounds as if everything's OK? Please let us know if that's not the case. The Safari extension (only, Firefox and Chrome do not work this way) is a built-in part of the 1Password 7 for Mac app now, so you won't need to separately install and update it. As long as it's checked in Safari > Preferences > Extensions, you should be all set. Let us know if you run into any other trouble, however, and thanks for being a 1Password user!

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member

@Lars-Thanks for watching my back. I think I'm good to go now.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jazzman - glad to hear it! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.