Feature Request: View All Vaults by Account

Options
user0
user0
Community Member

This was already asked here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/69980/feature-request-view-all-vaults-by-account
but the discussion is closed.

I have a large 1password Team at work but use "another" password manager for personal use. I decided to purchase a 1password subscription for personal use- then I discovered that there's no convenient way to separate "work" and "personal" vaults in an efficient manner. I do NOT want searches to match both work and personal items, but a search MUST cover all of my personal (or all of my work) vaults; both shared and private. Having to make a choice between individually selecting and searching a dozen vaults (clearly ridiculous) or wading through dozens of false matches (items from a work vault, when I'm looking for personal data) is a non-starter.

Having the ability to view "All Vaults" for each account is an absolute necessity for those who are actually using multiple accounts.

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13, iOS 11.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:all vaults

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@user0: Ah yep, that's a pretty old discussion, and they're archived every 6 months or so when there's no activity. There hasn't been a lot of interest in something like this, but certainly over time as more people have multiple accounts for personal and business use, especially folks who contract with multiple companies, I can see this becoming more useful. Definitely something we'll consider for a future version. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

ref: OPM-4909

• BenT
    BenT
    Community Member
    Options

Bit of a trawl to find this, but I have exactly the same request, having started with Teams for work from having a Families account since the beginning.

I would love to have just after the "All Vaults" option, before listing all the vaults separately, to be able to add my own favourite groups of vaults. e.g. "Me", "Work", "Weird vault combination with a couple of mine, and a few from work"

Has become noticeable from now having all the extra vaults.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'd personally love a feature like that, but we really need to prioritize the things that come up frequently -- certainly more than once a year. You will find, however, that if you're using multiple accounts which have different Master Passwords in 1Password X, each account will unlock separately, so that may be helpful depending on your situation. But personally I just tend to hide any vaults but a few I need in the app on each device, which tends to result in me having work stuff only in All Vaults on my work computer. Hopefully we'll be able to make All Vaults more flexible in the future though. Thank you for letting us know this is something you'd like! :)

This discussion has been closed.