To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Annual subscription from AppStore

Equilibrium
Equilibrium
Community Member

I did wrote an email to 1P support, but no answer. So I will try my luck here.

My problem: I've bought 1P7 on my iPhone and did choose the annual sub. It stated "all we have" - so I guess the Mac App should be included too, right?
Next I did install 1P7 on my Mac from the app store... it told me to convert the vault and I did. I even did manage to update the sync on my machine (which I do with Dropbox btw) for the new vault.

Problem: The Mac app does not recognize the annual sub... how can I remedy that? (it's still within the free month, but the sub is already set). I even can see the subscription on iTunes.
Note: I do not have a 1P account.

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mojave
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Equilibrium: Hmm. I'm sorry for the trouble. Did you maybe sign up for a second 1Password.com account on your Mac, after you'd already signed up for one on the iPhone? To be clear, you shouldn't be paying for a subscription until after the trial period is over. If you can give me a better sense of what you're seeing that would help. If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

• Equilibrium
    Equilibrium
    Community Member

Okay, trial ends tomorrow and I didn't pay anything yet. But it is set up for the payment.
    And no, I didn't sign up for an 1Password account at all. I do not have one.

Surprisingly I did get a mail stating that I have registered and that I should copy some numbers into the app. But I didn't do anything. :) Did you?

So: No 1Password acount on Mac and iPhone.
    Do you want to see a specific screen?

• Equilibrium
    Equilibrium
    Community Member

@brenty : Any news? I still cannot use 1P on my Macs.
    I've got the feeling I got this all wrong and an account is nowadays mandatory, even if I will not use it for anything else.

• @Equilibrium: To clarify, a 1Password account is necessary for your annual subscription to be recognized. Our server lets your apps know that you've paid for your membership and the only way they know that is if you've signed in with an account. Of course, you're not require to save any data there, but you do need your account signed in to license your apps.

As you can see, this is a bit confusing. I'm not in the habit of telling folks they're holding it wrong, but 1Password memberships were designed under the assumption that they'd be used to pay for our hosted service. If this is how you'd like to use 1Password – with an account/membership to license your apps and your data in a standalone vault – that's fine, but I generally recommend that if you're only going to use standalone vaults, you go ahead and buy a standalone license instead.

If you decide you'd still like to pay via subscription all the same, just be careful and make sure that you have your account signed in across all of your apps (yes, even though you're not storing any data there) and that your vault for saving is properly set to your standalone vault. From there, your apps should all be licensed and your data will be right where you want it.

• Equilibrium
    Equilibrium
    Community Member

@bundtkate If you excuse me, that raises two problems:
    1. When creating a new account, how should I connect this to my old vault? Should I just put in my existing Password (!) as the new Masterkey?
    and more importantly 2. - I will not give you my master key to store it on your servers. Not ever.

Is there a way to seperate the account password and the vault password?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2018

We have a migration guide here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Your Master Password is never transmitted, even when entering it in your web browser on 1Password.com. We don’t ever receive or store your Master Password. All encryption and decryption is handled in your web browser on your computer, or in the 1Password apps. Your data is end-to-end encrypted, and only you have the keys:

About the 1Password security model

Ben

P.S. Please pay careful attention to the instructions about deleting the “Primary” vault from each device, once everything is set up.

• Equilibrium
    Equilibrium
    Community Member

@Ben - I did as described.
    My account still isn't linked to my sub. I'm frustrated.

• @Equilibrium

I’m sorry to hear that. To get you on track as quickly as possible I’d recommend the following:

1. Cancel the subscription you currently have: https://support.1password.com/manage-subscription/ I assume you have not been charged yet? If you have please email the receipts to us at sales@1password.com
    2. Set up a subscription for your account that you just created through our website (instructions available in the same link above)
    3. Make sure all of your devices are signed into the same 1Password.com membership account and that you have deleted the Primary vault from each of them once all of your data is available to you at https://my.1password.com/

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Equilibrium
    Equilibrium
    Community Member

@Ben - I was charged yesterday.
    Preparing the email right now.

2,3: This is exactly what I have done.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Equilibrium: I guess I'm not sure why you setup billing for the account if that wasn't your intention. Regardless, we can't discuss account and payment details here in a public forum. Please shoot us an email at sales@1password.com from your account's registered address, and post the Support ID you receive here so we can look into the specifics. Thanks!

• Equilibrium
    Equilibrium
    Community Member

@brenty - you've got mail. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Equilibrium: I'm not seeing anything in the inbox under this address, but if you'll let me know the Support ID I should be able to find it. :)

• Equilibrium
    Equilibrium
    Community Member

Please look #EUJ-59511-249 up.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

On it! :chuffed: :+1:

ref: EUJ-59511-249

This discussion has been closed.