When I updated iOS on my iPhone, 1Password as me for my master password so I tried to remember what

williamgreed
williamgreed
Community Member

I tried to remember what my Master password was but I forgot because I was always using face ID. HELP
I will answer any security questions.
I paid the full amount for the app.
I don't remember which email I used.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I forgot my password

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

There isn't any way to recover your data if you really can't remember your master password. This is a crucial security function of 1PW. AgileBits can't do anything, it's set up so that only you have control.

If you vaguely remember the password but not exactly (https://support.1password.com/master-password-not-accepted/mac.html) and other places give suggestions as to what else you might try. The only good news is that you can keep on trying, there is no limit to the number of tries.

Do you have your data anywhere else?

• Hi @williamgreed,

As danco alluded there isn’t any way for us to reset your Master Password for you, and your Master Password is required to decrypt your 1Password data. I would recommend checking out this guide:

If you forgot your Master Password or you can't unlock 1Password

Ben

• williamgreed
    williamgreed
    Community Member

Good news! I was able to locate my master password with your suggestions. I put a lot of thought into this and found where I saved it. (I always save everything) I just never thought I would have to find my password.
    Thank you for your feedback to my post, it meant so much.

• Thanks for the update. I’m glad to hear it worked out. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.