To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

problem when changing master password

robbinia
robbinia
Community Member

Hello
i've been running 1P on mac, windows & iOS for a month or so, with a paid subscription. All was OK until tonight when i decided to change my master password to something more secure. I did this on the mac and it was accepted (i think) then i hit problems. i can log into the app on the mac & PC using old password but new password is not accepted. when i try & log into online account, neither password is accepted. From the iPad & mac i had access to change master password still so I tried this and my old password was accepted as current but then both said "update failed" when i entered a new new password. i have exported my logins so i have a copy offline but need to know how to proceed with resetting my account as I cannot log into my online account anymore.
Thanks
( i knew it was a bad idea when i started....)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• robbinia
    robbinia
    Community Member

ticket [#LRE-49237-421] logged

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@robbinia: Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear that. Do you by any chance have a Primary vault on any of your devices? Are you able to sign into your account on 1Password.com in your browser?

ref: LRE-49237-421

• robbinia
    robbinia
    Community Member

Hi
    I can still log into the 1P app on all my devices using my original password but get an "authentication error" each time.
    I have a personal vault that was syncing between devices but that seems to have stopped, due to the account issue I presume.
    I cannot log into my online 1P account as it doesn't accept my old password anymore.
    Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@robbinia: Likewise, thanks for getting back to me with the additional details. I'll actually follow up with you via email to get some diagnostic information so we can get you sorted.

This discussion has been closed.