To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Syncing Vaults

Options
Laura000
Laura000
Community Member

Hi - I was on a legacy license 1Password 5 and just recently purchased a membership to have access to 1Password 7. I'm noticing that my passwords are different on different devices. My iOS app has access to my Personal vault (which I got when upgrading to 1Password 7) and also a Primary vault on my iPhone (the original vault, I've had since purchasing 1Password 5 and the most up-to-date vault). The Primary vault syncs up to the vault I have on my personal MAC but it was not able to sync up to work MAC so I found a workaround by syncing the vault that I had saved on a USB drive. When I purchased my 1Password 7 membership, I had the Personal vault sync up with the vault in the USB which turns out was outdated.

Now that I have 1Password 7 it seems that the Personal (outdated logins) and Primary (most up to date) vault have different items and i wanted to know how to update my Personal vault so that it syncs up to my Primary vault. I basically want both vaults to have the same up-to-date information.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 1Password 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS, macoS 10.13.6
Sync Type: USB drive

Comments

• Meek
    Options

Hey @Laura000, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble getting up and running with your new membership. If your old Primary vault has your complete set of most up to date items, then the simplest way to resolve things is to:

1. Delete all the items in your new "Personal" vault.
    2. Move all your items from your "Primary" vault to your "Personal" vault: https://support.1password.com/move-share-items

At this point both vaults should have the same items (note that if you have any attachments on items in your Primary vault, they'll be separate "Document" items in your new Personal vault, so the item numbers might not line up perfectly.

You can then sign into each of your devices with your membership, and you'll have access to your Personal vault on each device: https://support.1password.com/add-account/

Finally, once you're all set and syncing with your Primary vault, you can delete your old Personal vault.

This discussion has been closed.