Account Details are incorrect

AleksM
AleksM
Community Member

Hello,

I have just registered a trial Team subscription. Then I invited a user and enabled the DUO. Thereafter I can't log into the Admin Portal... It says to me "You account details are incorrect. Please check your integration configuration details and validate they match"

The Master Key is 100% correct because if I type a wrong key I get another error:

How can I recover the access to the Admin Portal? Or could you please delete my trial subscription permanently?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• AleksM
    AleksM
    Community Member

I can successfully log into Windows Desktop Application using DUO Puch notification. Can I change some settings there?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@AleksM: If your screen shots are accurate, at least part of your problem is your Master Password. I'm sorry if that's a bit alarming, but what I mean is that while we don't know it, the minimum for 1Password.com accounts is 10 characters and you appear to have entered only 9. You will need to enter the correct Master Password in order to get in. You can try any you may have used, as many times as you want. But it will not work otherwise.

• AleksM
    AleksM
    Community Member

Hello @brenty and thank you for your answer.
    I know the password requirements. If I hadn't followed them, I wouldn't have been able to create the master password. In the second picture, you can see the error after entering the wrong password - you are right. But in the first picture, you can see the error with the correct password, which consists of 12 characters.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@AleksM: Thanks for clarifying. I don't see any characters in the first screenshots, and I also wanted to make sure you weren't trying to use a Master Password for a local vault to sign into an account, since those are very separate.

(Un)fortunately AgileBits has neither access to your 1Password data nor the Master Password used to secure it, so this isn't something we can 'reset' for you to help directly. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

Alternatively, if you're part of a 1Password Family or Team, another Owner, Organizer, or Admin can help you recover your account, so you can create a new Secret Key and Master Password:

https://support.1password.com/recovery/#begin-recovery

You can try as many times as you want. You won’t be “locked out”, but you will not be able to access your data unless you can enter the required Master Password correctly. Also, keep in mind that it cannot tell you if it's actually your Master Password, or if other account credentials were entered incorrectly. Please let me know how it turns out.

• AleksM
    AleksM
    Community Member

@brenty I'm the admin... I'm trying to log into Admin Portal. I was able to log into the Admin Portal earlier using my Master Password but now - I can't do that.

>> you weren't trying to use a Master Password for a local vault to sign into an account, since those are very separate.
    If I enter any other Master Passwords I get the error about incorrect Master Password. It means, that I use the proper Master Password, but something goes wrong.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@AleksM: Hmm. What browser version are you using? Have you tried a different one? Also, what is that weird icon in the password field?

• AleksM
    AleksM
    Community Member

@brenty I use either Chrome or FireFox but with same results.
    The icon is from Norton Password extensions for the Chrome. In FireFox I don't use any add-ons but I get the same error...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@AleksM: Thanks for confirming. With that in mind, and going back to the other details you provided, it does sound like your credentials are correct and this is happening after you authenticated with 1Password.com already. That screenshot is from Duo authentication, and that would only comes up if Secret Key and Master Password are right. Otherwise you wouldn't even get to that point. You must have something wrong in your Duo configuration. Please disable it from the Duo side and let me know if the problem persists. I suspect it won't. If that's the case, you'll need to either not use Duo or make sure everything is setup correctly there. Otherwise you won't be able to get very far. :blush:

• AleksM
    AleksM
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

Hello @brenty ,
    I have removed the Application in the Duo Admin Portal but I still get this error. Probably I have to delete Duo from my 1Password settings, but I can't log into the 1Passwod Admin Portal to do that...

• @AleksM : Hrmm... this would seem to indicate that the Duo configuration on the 1Password side doesn't correctly point to the same Duo configuration on the Duo side. This goes a little beyond what we can do over the forum. Can you please email support+security@1password.com and we can help you out there? You'll get an auto-reply with a reference id, if you could post that to the forum that'll help us make sure this gets looked at quickly for you.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.