To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1Password 6.9.1 could not login to iPhone 5 with iOS 10.3.3

technowar
technowar
Community Member
edited October 2018 in Memberships

Just recently signed up for 1Password. I have no problems signing in with 1Password in the browser and 1Password 7 for Mac, however, I could not login using my iPhone. It keeps on telling me to check my email and secret key. I scanned the QR code from the document 1Password gave me and automatically filled up the email and secret key fields.

EDIT
Generated me new secret keys, still not working.

1Password Version: 6.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2018

@technowar: What exactly are you trying to do? Regenerating the Secret Key invalidates the old one (and Setup Code), so you'll need to use the new one going forward. Make sure you have it. All of your account credentials need to be correct in order for you to sign in, not just the Secret Key and Master Password. So if you've been messing around making other changes to your account, that will just cause you additional confusion. For example, if you enabled two-factor authentication, that won't work with an outdated version. You'll need to either update or disable it. Do you have an individual 1Password.com membership, 1Password Families, or business or team plan?

• technowar
    technowar
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

I have 1Password Families.

After generating a new secret key, I downloaded the emergency kit. Went to 1Password in my iPhone 5, scanned the newly downloaded emergency kit QR code so it'll auto populate the sign-in address, email address and the secret key. Typed in my master password and tap Sign in button, but I am always getting check my email and secret key error message.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@technowar: Did you enable two-factor authentication on your account? And could you please tell me exactly what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

• technowar
    technowar
    Community Member

2FA is currently disabled.

1Password

Genera/About

• Hey @technowar, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble signing in on your phone when you can sign in fine in the browser. Let's figure out what is going on. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iPhone:

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can link it up to this discussion.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID. Please post that ID here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• technowar
    technowar
    Community Member

I just sent the diagnostic report.

Thank you for looking into it.

• @technowar thanks for sending it in! Mind posting your support ID here that you should have received in an automated reply? It'll help me find your email.

• technowar
    technowar
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

Sure, the ticket is #PEF-69478-988

Once again, thank you @Meek for looking into it.

• Meek
    edited October 2018

Thanks @technowar! We'll continue the discussion over email :+1:

ref: PEF-69478-988

• ra2
    ra2
    Community Member

Looks like I am having the same problem as @technowar, 1 year later. I'm trying to connect to my new 1Password Families account from my iPad (4th gen), which is running 1Password 6.9.1 on iOS 10.3.4. After scanning my QR code from the Emergency Kit, I carefully enter my Master Password, but I always get the "Check Your Email and Secret Key" in the red bar, as in the screenshot above, as if I had made a typo entering the information. My newer devices connect fine. 2FA is NOT active. Note: I was formerly using Dropbox to sync among my devices using 1Password 6 everywhere. Will this old iPad still be able to participate? Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ra2: I'm sorry for the difficulty. 1Password 6 is really old now, and doesn't know about any changes we've made to the 1Password service in the past two years. We can't recommend sticking with an outdated OS (and, inherently, browser, in the case of iOS) since then you don't have the benefit of fixes for known vulnerabilities...which of course is not good, but it's kind of worse than that in the context of using 1Password to secure important data. It's probably time to retire that iPad at this point. Apple just released a revision for their most affordable model, which may help.

This discussion has been closed.