Travel Mode and safe private data?

We are using 1Password vaults to share information about different projects, when traveling those are easy to "hide" using travel mode. However the personal vault contain sensitive information as well, a solution could be to create an additional vault to store only data that is necessary for the trip while excluding unnecessary information.
But, it is not possible to create additional private vaults (as far as I understand at least). Any additional vaults created are shared and thus visible to (at least) administrators which defeats the point of a "personal" vault. Additionaly these new vaults clutter the shared vault namespace.
Is there something I am missing or should we just settle with hiding sensitive shared vaults while keeping the personal vault on device? Or, hiding the personal vault as well, but then we could just delete 1Password and reinstalling it later again.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS, iOS, Android
Sync Type: Pro
Referrer: forum-search:travel mode

Comments

• mikaellu
    mikaellu
    Community Member

Also, it would be very convenient if it was possible to bulk enable/disable travel mode rather than having to go to each person individually.

• Hi @mikaellu

Those are great questions and comments... and to be honest are ones that we've been having internally as well.

I do think that team members should be able to create additional private vaults. There are a couple of good reasons to do so and Travel Mode is certainly one of those. Personally, I have created a travel vault that I use for this purpose and for the most part it works fine. But, as you said, it is technically shared with the account owners and clutters up the shared vaults view.

There are a number of new and exciting things we are working on so I simply can't give any sort of timeline on when this might be available but I'm going to add your name to the list of folks who want this feature :)

As for the ability to bulk enable/disable... again I completely agree. As ever larger businesses continue to use our 1Password service it has become necessary for us to revisit many aspects of our admin UI, making administration of large teams more efficient. I think you will find many similar bulk enable/disable features coming as we move forward.

• I should have also mentioned that you can use the 1Password CLI to bulk enable/disable Travel Mode today.

op edit user --travel-mode=on|off

The command line tools are able to perform almost all of the features that are available in the web admin, so it can be invaluable when you want to perform actions in bulk or in a programmatic fashion.

If you haven't been using our 1Password CLI yet, a great place to start is by reading our 1Password command-line tool documentation.

• The flag is actually --travelmode=<on|off>. No hyphen between travel and mode.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.