Sign In while filling

Options

One of the things I miss from LastPass (I migrated over earlier this year) is the ability to sign in as I'm filling the form. Instead of having to move my cursor out of the form to click on the extension button, it would be great if the password prompt was right in the fill in dialog, when needed. It's a tiny little thing, but it feels like I'm wasting time every time I need to do this right now.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1Password X 1.12
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sympmarc: That's...how 1Password X works, if I'm understanding your description. Are you not seeing the inline 1Password icons in the username and password fields?

And even in other cases, you can press the keyboard shortcut to open 1Password X if you'd rather not use the mouse. What browser version do you have?

• sympmarc
    sympmarc
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I see what you're showing. I'm talking about those times when I need to sign into 1Password itself. In that case, I have to go to the extension to log in. With LastPass, I could log in right there.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sympmarc: Ahaaa. Good catch. That very intentional, and there's a specific reason for it: It would be trivial for a web page to show you a "1Password unlock" prompt to trick you into giving them your Master Password. By requiring you to use the browser's UI, which exists entirely outside the web page, to unlock, you won't ever be in a situation where you're trying to guess if you should enter your Master Password or not. And again, you can press the keyboard shortcut to open 1Password X; you don't have to use the mouse if you don't want to. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• sympmarc
    sympmarc
    Community Member
    Options

Great answer. One of the reasons we shifted over to 1Password was a feeling they weren't as secure. I guess you're validating that!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sympmarc,

I'm happy Brenty was able to help explain the thinking behind this particular aspect of 1Password X. If you have any other questions please do let us know :smile:

This discussion has been closed.