1Password X v. Browser Extension When App Installe?

Question, if I am using a computer where I have the 1Password App installed (MacOS), is it better to install the regular extension in my web browser or 1PasswordX? Seems only the X version shows the icon in the logins which may be an advantage but am looking for some feedback. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RobDMB,

It's really up to you and which you prefer. Eventually we're hoping that 1Password X will be the only extension needed but there's a bit of work needed yet before we kick the companion extension to the curb. If you like the inline menu and don't mind that 1Password X is unlocked separately from 1Password for Mac/Windows then you may prefer 1Password X. If you have a MacBook Pro with Touch ID and like that 1Password for Mac unlocks with it you may prefer the companion extension. As that extension is only a bridge between the browser and 1Password the lock state and options for unlocking are all in the native application. As it has no UI (User Interface) though it doesn't have the inline menu of 1Password X. If your preferred browser is one of the more niche ones you may need to use 1Password X as 1Password for Mac will only allow connections from known browsers. If you're using one of the more common ones though you have options :smile:

This discussion has been closed.