I do not appear to have an account. How do i set up an account for my existing license?

Options

I had to replace 1Password on my iPad mini, iOS12. I want to use this app, as I always have, with 1Password on my mac and my iPhone. 1Password on the mac and iPhone work fine, as usual. But my addresses do not show up in 1Password on my iPad. It seems I have to set up a new vault for the iPad or sign into my account on the mac or iPhone to get the setup key etc. I figured I had an account, but apparently not, since I cannot get into one on the web or via the apps on the mac and iPhone. I keep running up against missing sign-in address and set up key requests.

Assuming I need an account so I can get access to the missing info in order to get 1Password working again on my iPad, how do i get an account, setup key, and emergency kit for an existing license? Or better yet, how do I get the info from my Mac and/or iPhone into my iPad?

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: MacOS 10.14
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I do not appear to have an account, but I do have a license (1PW3-9KC-QCKGRE-GV62NF-973-MEQ7B8). How do I get an account, setup key and emergency kit. I needed to replace 1Password on my iPad (already have had it on there and on my iPhone and mac for years), but I keep getting requests for my set up key etc.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Thomas Wheaton: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! You can't setup an account for an existing license. 1Password.com memberships are a completely new, separate thing. It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account (with the specific version you purchased) and sync your data from another device or create a new vault.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

Either way, let me know if you have any other questions. :)

• Thomas Wheaton
    Thomas Wheaton
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the link for other devices. One correction though. Instead of "Tap Settings "Sync, choose your vault, and tap Sync Service." it should Tap Settings, Tap Vaults, Tap Primary, Sync Service, Since Now" Might be a change in iOS 12.0.1

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

1Password Settings > Sync > (vault) > Sync Service definitely works. I do this a lot, and just did now. Anyway, glad that helped. We're here if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.