PIN on windows browsers is not available

Options

When I use the1Password client on my windows box - I can use the Windows PIN to re-open the client.
When I need to open 1Password on my Firefox browser on Windows I do not have the PIN option???

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: 1.12.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:pin on windows browsers

Comments

• Hi @Roger_Coville,

Thanks for writing in. This is because you're using 1Password X, which is a self-contained browser extension that doesn't require the desktop program to be installed. They do not talk to each other, so there's no universal unlock right now but it is something we'd like to consider in the future.

If you want the integration with the desktop program, you'll have to uninstall 1Password X from Firefox and then install the regular browser extension from here: https://1Password.com/downloads/

• Roger_Coville
    Roger_Coville
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT - This works great - thanks so much for the prompt reply!!

FYI - the now old Firefox self-contained browser extension required a cntl-period to access 1 Password was "broken" when I started using Multi-account containers.

• Hi @Roger_Coville,

You're welcome.

FYI - the now old Firefox self-contained browser extension required a cntl-period to access 1 Password was "broken" when I started using Multi-account containers.

I'm not sure I understand, can you clarify what was broken?

• Roger_Coville
    Roger_Coville
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT - the windows CNTL-period key sequence invokes the newer Firefox containers function. This over-rode the key sequence to invoke 1Password.

• @Roger_Coville: That's another difference between 1Password X and the standard extension you've swapped to. 1Password X opens with Ctrl + period. The 1Password extension has two keyboard shortcuts – Ctrl + \ will fill on the current page if you've only got one matching item for that site or it will show mini if you've got multiples. Ctrl + Alt + \ will always just show mini. :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Roger_Coville: In case there's still any confusion, you're using 1Password X there. That's an extension which runs entirely in the browser, so it doesn't have system-wide keyboard shortcuts. You can customize it in 1Password X Settings though (easy to get there by right-clicking the 1Password X toolbar icon).

Just keep in mind that is completely separate from the native 1Password desktop apps (Mac, Windows). There is a 1Password desktop extension which integrates with those. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.