Not logging in the first time.

When logging in to https://onlineservices.ubs.com 1Password will properly fill in both my user name and password. However, instead of logging in, the log in screen returns with only my user name and the password field is empty. when I enter the info again using the shortcut key, it will fill and open as expected. Why doesn't it accept the information the first time? This is a fairly recent occurrence. perhaps after upgrading to High Sierra. Than you
jac

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @jaccolon,

When it happens does it present any error message? I ask because testing these kinds of issues is very tricky if you don't have an account and I don't. So I'm trying to see if I can use a failed sign-in attempt in any meaningful way.

Something worth trying as well just to see what happens is to save an entirely new Login item using the steps outlined on our support page How to save a Login manually in your browser. Does it behave the same way?

• jaccolon
    jaccolon
    Community Member

At the log in page I enter the short cut Cmd \ and both user name and password fields are filled in correctly but I get the error message.
    Here is the error message:
    "The user name and/or password you entered do not match our records. Please note that your entry is case sensitive. If you do not remember your user name or password, go to Forgot User Name or Password and follow the instructions."

When the error message shows up the user name is still there but the password is blank.
    I enter the short cut Cmd \ the second time.
    The second time 1Password enters both and it logs me in.

I did delete the 1PW enter and saved a new one according to instructions you provided. It logs in just fine on the first attempt when I enter the user name and pw manually. However when I log out, close the window, open a new window and use the 1PW shortcut to log in, it fails until the second time. In other words it did not help.

This is not a huge problem. I was just hoping there was a simple fix.
    And I cannot give you my log in info because this is my retirement account.
    So I wouldn't waste any more time trying to figure it out.
    I can live with it. The only problem account I have with 1PW. Everything else works perfectly and I love 1PW.
    Been using it for many years.
    Thank you for trying
    Jac

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jaccolon,

Based on that error message trying to determine what is going wrong would be extremely tough I fear. That's the error message I see when knowingly submitting incorrect details without using 1Password so only somebody with an actual account would know when things were working and we definitely don't want you sharing those kind of details with us. I'd go as far as saying I hope you would be extremely suspicious of anybody asking you for those details, even if it was somebody claiming to be from UBS. We live in a world where phishing and scams are common enough that you have to always be on your guard.

I do apologise that an easy fix doesn't seem likely so I'm glad the issue seems to not too annoying and that the site seems to be an outlier rather than the norm. If you run into any other issues with 1Password please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.