To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1Password standalone

Options
Intruth
Intruth
Community Member

I sent this question to 1Password support a few days ago but do not appear to have received a reply, so I’ll try asking here in the hope that a helpful user might know the answer. I have 1Password 6. I like to pay for software on a non-subscription basis. What are my options for getting 1Password 7 please?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mojave
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• BobV
    BobV
    Community Member
    Options

I think you will not get a reaction anymore because it has already passed many times. As far as I understand, you can only subscribe or purchase a new stand alone 7 version.
    Until recently I was super happy with my 1password 6 but I feel a little bit fooled now.
    I have paid good money for a version that is actually aging after 2 years, while this was suggested differently. You are obliged to purchase a subscription that I do not want at all, and they give the updates. Unfortunately.
    My advice to my customers, unfortunately, is changing for 1password.

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

There are a few threads already on this forum explaining the options but I'd be happy to do so again here. First: I'm sorry our email team has not yet been able to respond to your inquiry. We've been receiving a massive inflow of email inquiries and requests and unfortunately that has resulted in replies being delayed by a few days more than normal. As I'll be answering your questions here I'm going to go ahead and close that email ticket to avoid our email team duplicating my efforts.

The options going forward are:

• 1Password membership: (recommended) Includes access to all of the latest versions of 1Password across all of your supported devices and also includes the 1Password service itself. With the 1Password service you no longer need to manually configure sync. Adding or replacing a device is as simple as downloading the 1Password app and entering your 1Password membership account credentials. You can read more about the benefits of membership here: What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?
    • 1Password 7 for Mac standalone license: (separate purchase from previous licenses) This option allows one person to use 1Password 7 for Mac on all of their Macs. It does not include upgrades, access to other (non-Mac) 1Password applications, or the 1Password service. With this option you'd continue to sync your data via iCloud. At the time of writing 1Password 7 for Mac licenses are on sale for $50 USD + any applicable tax as part of our launch special promotion. At any time that may end and the regular pricing will be $65 USD + tax. Licenses are only sold within the 1Password 7 application when downloaded from our website. Licenses are not available in the Mac App Store version of 1Password. To purchase a license in 1Password 7 select "need a license? we have those too" from the welcome screen.

It is also worth noting that 1Password licenses never expire so you can continue to use 1Password 6 for as long as it continues to meet your needs. We are no longer releasing updates for v6 though and we'd always recommend that folks keep up to date on 1Password, their web browser(s), and their operating system(s) (as well as all other software, frankly).

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Intruth
    Intruth
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben. As I said, I like to pay for software on a non-subscription basis, and as there appears to be no upgrade price, I’ll have to consider unwinding my dependence on 1Password .

• Ben
    Options

Correct; there is no upgrade price. The 1Password 7 license would be a separate purchase. I hope you're able to find a solution that meets your needs and that you feel comfortable with and confident in, even if that ends up not being 1Password. If you change your mind we'll be happy to help. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.