1Password 7 Mini - Search Issues

Options
ivan308
ivan308
Community Member

Having issues with new 1 Password 7 mini search in a web browser. Firstly search does not behave the same way it did before. Search results prioritized results that were applicable to the web page being searched. Now every login item that matches the search is displayed with no priority. Also the search result window is too narrow to display full password title and does not appear to be resizable ?

As you can see with old mini all related passwords shown and full title visible. Since I work in IT I may have many passwords for a given website. Old version easy to find - new version almost impossible.

Also is there a way to tun off the weak password warnings. I do not want to see a bright red and yellow box in the middle of my screen every time I submit a password on a website.

For now I have reverted back to using 1Password 6

1Password Version: V7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• pbGuy
    pbGuy
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Regarding Watchtower's review for weak passwords, I'd like to request an available Option to set a PIN (normally 4 - 6 digits) for a web site, to a Designation that separates the PIN from password review so PINs will not continually appear as weak. ...If a web site requires a PIN, in the login procedure, one has to include one; and it is disconcerting to have Watchtower persist in the over bearing "weakness" designation.

I'm using 1PW7 Membership (from AgileBits) with Safari Ext v4.7.1

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018
    Options

@pbGuy: It's definitely something we're looking into. I'm not sure how we'll handle it, but PINs are a common enough problem in this regard. Thanks for the feedback!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ivan308: Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Indeed, these are a few areas we're working on improving. I'm not quite sure what you mean about old version/new version, and I don't think it's at all common to have quite that many logins for the same site, but we are looking into ways to make it easier to manage.

• twykr
    twykr
    Community Member
    Options

Hi -

I don't think it's at all common to have quite that many logins for the same site

Just noting that this statement is very short-sighted. I give you the example of any Agency (such as the one for whom I currently work) who helps clients manage Google Analytics, as ONE example of a situation where you can have many logins for a single website.

I want to add my vote for the search results / width issue with both Mini and in-browser search results. We use 1Password for Teams, and have many clients with which we work. We store client-related logins and information in 1Password, which can result in many entries on per client (e.g. more than 5), or on a per-site basis (e.g. Google Analytics, etc).

The sidebar list not being resizable is a HUGE workflow slowdown, as it requires that we scroll through each entry, one by one, until we find the correct item for the situation.

I find it odd that we can resize the entire window as large as we want, but on those two views (mini and browser plugin), the list of entries column, as noted above, cannot be resized at all.

Would dearly love a fix for this!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're not wrong, but most people are not agencies. Thank you for sharing your experience though. :)

This discussion has been closed.