1Password is not working with my new bank login.

Options
rcornish
rcornish
Community Member
edited October 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

My business bank was acquired by another bank. In their new online banking site, the login page requires a company ID plus a user ID, followed by a password on the next page. How can I get 1Password to fill in the Company ID (first) followed by my User ID?

1Password Version: v6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:add company ID

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rcornish,

There's possibly something we can do but I would need to see the page first. Can you supply the URL to reach that page please and I'll see if I can create a Login item that will fill both stages.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rcornish,

Thank you :smile:

Can you try the following and let me know how you get along.

1. Download this 1PIF (1Password Interchange Format) file to your Desktop.
    2. Drag the 1PIF file to the 1Password icon in the macOS dock to import into the active vault. If All Vaults is active it will use the default vault for saving (Vaults tab in 1Password's preferences).
    3. Locate the imported item, it will have a tag with the import date.
    4. Enter edit mode and click the Show web form details button.
    5. Replace the placeholder values with your real account credentials.
    6. Save.

Now you should find it correctly fills the first stage that asks for the company and user IDs. I tested both 1Password 7 and 1Password 6 and everything seemed good. Assuming the next stage asks for just the password 1Password should fill without issue but I can't reach that stage to test and say for sure whether it does or not. I am confident it will work though. Please let me know how you get along.

• rcornish
    rcornish
    Community Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

Hi.....
    Thanks for coding something up for me. When I import it, it opens in 1Password as a secure note (see pic), so there's no "show web form details" button available. Please let me know what I did wrong.

(using 1P6.8.8 Mac in High Sierra)

UPDATE.....
    I deleted the ".txt" suffix that appeared when I downloaded your file and used the File>>>Import… command to bring it in and it came in fine… and worked as promised.

Thank you!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @rcornish,

Sorry, I forget to mention Safari's weird behaviour and I'd recently experienced that with another user as well. I haven't gotten that quirk drilled into my memory enough it seems. Nice work on noticing and correcting it. If you come across any other tricky sites do let us know and we'll see what we can do.

• rcornish
    rcornish
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:smile:

This discussion has been closed.