Data lost after sync

Options
gyuri
gyuri
Community Member

I lost my data on Android when I synced with Windows. Is there any way to recover?

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: forum-search:sync

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @gyuri. Can you provide a bit more detail about the issue? How are you syncing between your devices? What version of 1Password do you have on Windows? Do you have your 1Password data on any other devices?

• gyuri
    gyuri
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Peri,
    In details, I had the passwords on my phone, and opened a new vault on the Windows platform (4.6.0.586) , and synced through wifi to have them on my computer, but instead of copying the the passwords from the phone, it 'copied' the empty vault from windows to phone. I had an other saved vault on my computer, but it's a bit older, and have no idea which passwords are correct and which are old.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gyuri: I've never heard of that happening before, unless you decided to start syncing with a different computer than you were previously. In that case, the data on the client (phone) should be overwritten by the server (computer). Is that what you did? It also looks like you're using an outdated version of 1Password or Android and 1Password for Windows, and you omitted the other requested information about your setup. Can you tell me the OS versions you're using on each device, and the exact steps you took? Also, most importantly, where do you have a backup of your 1Password data?

This discussion has been closed.