need help

trying to upgrade from version 3.
Uninstall the 1Password 3 extension

If you still have the 1Password 3 extension installed, uninstall the 1Password 3 extension.

IMPORTANT
Don’t skip the steps in the other support article. They must be completed to verify that Logins in the extension are showing up in the 1Password 3 app. If you skip the steps above, you could lose some or all of your data!

I don't know what "Don't skip the steps in the other support article" refers to.

1Password Version: 3.8.21
Extension Version: no extension
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: cloud
Referrer: forum-search:need help upgrading from version 3

Comments

• brucegd
    brucegd
    Community Member

I trashed version 3. got a new acct. downloaded version 7.2.1. How do I retrieve my old info?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@brucegd: Indeed, 1Password 3 was developed in 2009, and supports OS X Snow Leopard and Lion. It is not compatible with recent macOS and browser releases. With Safari 12, Apple has discontinued support for the old unsigned extensions, like 1Password 3 used. It absolutely will not work there at all. You can read more details in the announcement at the top of this forum category:

1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X

1Password 7, one the other hand, fully supports macOS Sierra, High Sierra, and Mojave, along with the latest web browsers. You'll have a better experience there, so I'm glad you're looking into upgrading. You can get that and the latest version of all of the apps as part of a 1Password.com membership. All you need to do to use your existing data is use File > Import > 1Password Keychain and add it to your new vault. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.