Problems converting from 1Password 6 for Mac to 1Password Account Family

MacTwoWheels
MacTwoWheels
Community Member

I am a long time user of 1Password 6 for Mac, iPhone, and iPad. I recently created a 1Password Account and signed up for a Family account. I am having significant difficulties in the transition process and would like some help. During the installation process, I requested that my primary local vault be converted to an online vault but did not request the local vault be deleted. My idea was to keep the local vault until I was sure everything actual successfully made the transition. After installing 1Password 7.2.1 on my iMac and starting the program, I was informed it would convert the local vault to a new format. I now have duplicate copies of everything in my local vault, totaling 2284 items, and am unsure how to proceed in using my online vault. I would very much appreciate some advice as to how to proceed. Does 1Password provide online chat or something more responsive than the online support forum?

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MacTwoWheels: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! We don't run a chat or phone service, but we're happy to help here in the forums, or via email if you prefer that: support@1password.com

However, it sounds like you just need to remove the Primary vault as originally instructed. To do that, first verify that you have all of your data in your 1Password.com account by signing into the website, and then you can disable local vault in 1Password for Mac Preferences > Advanced. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.