Organizing via folders

Options

Hello,

I would be very happy if the function for organizing via folders would be available again. I don't understand why this feature has been removed.

Organizing via tags is very useful, but in my opinion the organization via folders more intuitive and I would rather use the organization via tags in addition to the folder structure.

Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @none,

Thanks for writing in.

We are using nested tags to replace folders completely in all 1Password apps. If you want something like bills to be a subfolder of work, then you can give the item a tag of work/bills and 1Password will display them as such:

We removed folder because having both folder and tag has led to various confusion. By using nested tags, we can simplify it and provide better experience such as tag auto-completion.

We will add drag and drop support to the sidebar, so you can drag items into specific nested tags or to create a new tag from it.

• none
    none
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT,

thank you for clearing things up. This makes sense to me now.

I wasn't aware, that there were nested tags. Also I'm really looking forward for drag and drop support (also on the windows client ;-)).
    Does this also mean, that it will be possible to drag a tag onto another to nest it? That would be nice.
    Also, a button in the tag area to quickly add a new tag would be nice too.

Thank you an best regards

• Hi @none,

Yes, we'd like to let you drag and pause onto a parent tag to show an empty nested tag below it, so you can drag into that area to name it.

We may not be able to add + below the tags area because we don't support empty tags, the tag is a part of the item, not stored on its own. In other words, 1Password doesn't know how to sync tags without items. Once we figure this out, we'll add + support.

This discussion has been closed.