Buying 1Password 7 via VPP

djoedjoe
edited August 2018 in Purchasing

Hi Folks,

we currently run 1Password 6 on our faculty staff's Macs. We bought it via VPP through the Mac App Store and run jamf Pro to deploy 1Password.
We now want to switch to 1Password 7 but as it's now free to download with In-App subscription I am not sure how to buy it through VPP.

Has anybody a hint how we can manage this?

Thanks.
Joe

1Password Version: 1Password 7
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.6
_Sync Type:
Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @djoe

I’d recommend reaching out to our business team at [email protected]. They’ll be in the best position to evaluate your needs and recommend a solution. Thanks!

Ben

• djoedjoe

Hi Ben,

I did so but there is no good and practicable solution for this problem. As a university we only buy via invoice and not in advance or via credit card.
    Is there the possibility 1Password 7 will be available through normal VPP buying options?

• brentybrenty

Team Member

No. For many, many reasons, the Mac App Store version of 1Password is not "for sale", in the traditional sense:

Getting 1Password 7 ready for the Mac App Store

It will work as part of a 1Password.com membership, such as 1Password Teams, etc., but "licenses" for it are not sold. If you'd prefer to purchase standalone licenses for 1Password 7, I'd encourage you to reach out via email as Ben suggested. But you would be able to most easily deploy 1Password for Mac as part of a 1Password Teams/Business, not to mention allowing recovery and secure sharing with granular access controls -- something not possible with standalone purchases.

• djoedjoe

Hi brenty,

thanks for your reply. We need to dig into this further.

Regards,
    Joe

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Fair enough. :)

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file