Options
Kiwi2
Kiwi2
Community Member

I get this message every time I use 1password mini on Chrome:

The operation couldn't be completed. /Users/myname/library/application scripts/anumber.com.agilebits.onepassword7-helper/1password_autosubmit.scpt:143:159: execution error:system events got an error: osascript is not allowed to send keystrokes. (1002)

• but then it completes! I would like to not get this stupid message though. Does anyone out there have a fix for this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Kiwi2! Auto-submit has been removed in 1Password 7 for Mac and won't be returning. You didn't mention what version of 1Password, the 1Password extension or macOS you're using; would you let us know that, please?

• Kiwi2
    Kiwi2
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lars,
    I am on Version 7.1.2, with extension on Chrome Versioń 4.7.3.90 with OS Mohave (version 10.14) on a fully loaded Mac Pro.
    Why on earth can't Mac users get the advantages and speed of auto-submit?
    Thanks, Kiwi2

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Kiwi2 - because the mechanism we were using to gain that functionality (a small script that simulated the press of the return/enter key on your mac) was removed by Apple. They pointed out - and we agree - that although our use of such a script is perfectly legitimate, simulating a return-key press is also how some of the worst malware in existence installs itself. There should not be any way to simulate an executive command like pressing return without user interaction.

• Kiwi2
    Kiwi2
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, sounds good. But could you please get rid of the annoying message!
    Thanks, Kiwi2.

• Rickoz
    Rickoz
    Community Member
    Options

How do we get rid of the script ????

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Kiwi2

But could you please get rid of the annoying message!

No, but you can. Please update your installation of 1Password 7 for Mac to version 7.2 by either clicking 1Password > Check for Updates or via the Mac App Store updates mechanism if you downloaded 1Password 7 for Mac from there. That should take care of the issue.

• convint
    convint
    Community Member
    Options

I have a friend using 1P v. 6.x from Mac App Store on Mojave. He occasionally gets this popup error: "The operation couldn't be completed. Users/Library/Application Scripts/agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/1Password_Autosubmit.scpt:36:52: execution error: System Events got an error: osacript is now allowed to send keystrokes. (1002)

Is this the same error as the original poster? Is it the auto-pasting of credentials the feature that has been discontinued? Or is it the pressing of Enter after the paste- as though to go through with logging in that has been removed.

To get rid of this particular error, should he upgrade to 1P version 7.x? Can you please link me to article for cost/benefits of upgrading from 1P v.6.x to 1P 7 at the Mac App Store versus acquiring 1P 7 from Agilebits.com website? Thank you.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@convint - auto-fill (filling of web forms) remains unchanged in 1Password 7 for Mac (and macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”), and Safari 12). It's auto-SUBMIT that has been removed (see earlier post in this thread). Upgrading to 1Password 7.2 for Mac should eliminate the error, but so should removing the auto-submit script that the Mac App Store version of 1Password in the past required. You should be able to remove it from ~/Library/Application Scripts/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/ .

In that folder, just trash the 1Password_Autosubmit.scpt file, and you should be all set -- also, turn off the "Automatically submit forms after filling" in Preferences > Browsers.

In regard to purchasing a standalone license for 1Password 7 for Mac, the only place to get one is directly from us (via in-app purchase from our FastSpring store). We elected with version 7 not to sell standalone licenses via the Mac App Store, though becoming a 1password.com member is still possible via the Mac App Store.

There are currently two ways to use 1Password:

With a 1Password account:

• You sign up for an account at the main 1Password  sign-up page.
    • Your subscription includes the 1Password apps across all platforms, with all updates and upgrades for as long as your account is active.
    • Once you sign in to your account in 1Password on a new device, all of your data is instantly available - no need to set up third-party sync.

As a standalone product:

• You purchase licenses for each platform separately.
    • These licenses include all in-version updates, but a major version upgrade (such as 1Password 7) may require a paid upgrade.
    • You create local 1Password vaults, and if you like, choose how to sync your data. You can set up sync using a third party service (like Dropbox or iCloud.) If you do not set up sync, your data will remain only on your device.

1Password accounts also include access to your data via a web browser, and per-item backups so you always have a safe copy of your data off of your devices, and can roll back to a previous version of an item if a change is accidentally made.

Hope that helps! :)

• convint
    convint
    Community Member
    Options

Lars, et al., thank you for this detailed response. You answered all my questions and helped me resolve the challenges today. I know it's not easy to provide high quality support consistently, but I wanted you all to hear how much we appreciate your help. Thank you again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks so much for the kind words, and for letting us know that all is well now. I'm glad that Lars was able to help! It sounds like you should be good to go, but we're here if you ever need us. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.