Tags in browser extension [Coming in a future update]

Andrew42
Andrew42
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Forgive me if I use the wrong terminology. In 1P4 when I clicked on the 1P icon in the browser I got to see my Favorites and all my other folders. In 1P7 I get to see my Favorites and all the rest of my items are bunged together in alphabetical order. Is this permanent or are you expecting at some point to allow us to see our Tags? Secondly is there a way that when I click on the icon in the browser I can get it to open by default at my Favorites?

1Password Version: 7.0.532
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @Andrew42,

Thanks for writing in.

Nothing is permanent for 1Password 6/7, it is a young app that'll be evolve rapidly over the upcoming few years.

1Password mini is a huge area of improvements coming in the near future. We've been focusing mostly on the main window but not on 1Password mini.

Tags will be added in a future update to 1Password mini, yes.

Secondly is there a way that when I click on the icon in the browser I can get it to open by default at my Favorites?

There isn't a way to set a default view in 1Password mini. You can press Alt + digit to change the view, the digit is referring to the spot position on the sidebar, so Alt + 0 will always show the vault menu, Alt + 1 is Favorites and so on.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Thank you Mike. I look forward to enjoying the updates. For me Alt+Digit is not as easy as selecting with the mouse. I would prefer, if in the future, we could select the default opening position of 1P Mini, but it's not something I consider major: having Tags there is.

• Yep, tags will be added first for sure.

• DoctorBrown
    DoctorBrown
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

I just installed 1P v7 and this was one of the first things I noticed. Not being able to navigate via folders (or tags) in the browser add-in (or 1P mini as it's called) is a big regression in how I use 1P. The function can't come soon enough for me. For now, I'm using the search function.

• Yep, we want to add this soon but there is some UI design we need to figure out first to avoid making it confusing.

This discussion has been closed.