Limit autofill to subdomain

In my LAN, I have multiple services running on separate subdomains, on the same domain name. For example, I have two apps on "service-a.example.com" and "service-b.example.com". The issue is that 1Password suggests me passwords for all services in the "example.com" domain. Is there a way to restrict a certain credential to the exact (sub)domain?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ItalyPaleAle,

There isn't no. What 1Password should be doing though is always listing exact matches to the entire FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) above any inexact matches to the registered domain and that includes when you use the likes of ⌘\ or ctrl + \ to fill. If there is a single match to the FQDN 1Password will fill without prompting even if there is also an inexact match available. If this isn't what you're seeing please let me know.

• ItalyPaleAle
    ItalyPaleAle
    Community Member

I use 1Password X (for Chrome and Firefox), so I normally don't need to press keyboard shortcuts.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That may be so, but it does seem like a good suggestion that would make your life a bit easier. Have you tried it at least? :)

Anyway, I hear you, but I'm not sure it would be a good idea to "Limit autofill to subdomain". Most users -- the vast majority -- would be surprised (and not in a good way) to be unable to fill their www.apple.com Login at appleid.apple.com

This discussion has been closed.