To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Upgraded from 1Password 6, can't sign in

Alex75
Alex75
Community Member

I was running 1Password 6 on my Mac and today updated to 1Password 7. As soon as I opened it up it asked me to create a 1Password account. It asked for my email address and then I got an “error” saying that my e-mail address is already associated with an account.

So I tried adding my account into 1Password but I’m asked to put in “sign in address” which I don’t even know what it is and a “secret key” which I also don’t remember seeing before. I don’t remember ever creating a 1Password account as I always bought a license before.

My vault is still there, no data was lost, it’s only that now I’m stuck in “read-only” mode and I’m totally confused about what to do next and how to add my, apparently already existing, account?

P.S.

I'm also using 1Password 7 on my Android phone but when I go to "1Password accounts" I'm also only offered a trial or to sign in. I also noticed now that my desktop 1Password app hasn't synced with Dropbox for 8 weeks which is around the same time when I upgraded to 1Password 7 on my phone.

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Alex75: Indeed, if you've already signed up for an individual 1Password.com membership and didn't subsequently delete the account, you wouldn't be able to sign up for another using the same email address. It doesn't sound like you've been using it, and certainly if you never backed up your account credentials you will not be able to. If you'd like to try again, we can help you delete your existing account so you can setup a new membership and migrate your data. Please shoot us an email at sales@1password.com from the account's registered email address, and post the Support ID here and we'll go from there.

• Alex75
    Alex75
    Community Member

Hi,

My support ID is [#QYY-75551-868].

Please note that I'm located in Australia so there will be a delay in communication. Please let me know what's the next step.

Thank you.

Cheers,
    Alex

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

No worries. I'll reply to you via email shortly, and we'll continue the conversation there. :)

ref: QYY-75551-868

• Mitch76
    Mitch76
    Community Member

It looks like I am in the same situation. I would like to have my old, unused account deleted so I can start over.

My support ID is [#XJA-57158-112]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It looks like Jessy has already been in touch with you via email, so let's continue the conversation there. We can't discuss account details here in a public forum, and posting in multiple places just slows down response times for everyone -- including you.

ref: XJA-57158-112

This discussion has been closed.