Cannot apply my license key

Comments

• KFrick
    KFrick
    Community Member

Hello,
    I am on a Windows PC and I have a standalone License. I recently had to up grade my hard drive and re installed 1Password. Now I can't apply my license key. I got to the box to select my dropbox I found my vault but have no place to enter the license key. What do I do now?

• MikeT
    edited October 2018

Hi @KFrick,

Thanks for writing in.

Is it possible you have a license for 1Password 4 and you installed 1Password 7 instead? 1Password 7 would require a separate purchase and it uses a license file, not a license key.

While I recommend reading our blog post about 1Password 7 to see if you want to upgrade or the benefits of 1Password.com membership, if you do not want to get 1Password 7, you would need to uninstall 1Password 7 and download 1Password 4 from the bottom right of this page.

In 1Password 4, you can enter the license key via the Help Menu > Enter License Key.

• KFrick
    KFrick
    Community Member

Thank you @MikeT , I will take a look at the blog. I do have one question. I have 1Password on my phone (thankfully) if I purchase the upgrade will it affect the syncing between my desktop and android phone? I just checked and I have Version 7.0.6 on my phone

• Hi @KFrick,

If you have 1Password 7 on your Android device, it would've upgraded your vault format to OPVault, which is fully compatible with 1Password 7 on Windows, so there should not be any issues syncing between both.

• KFrick
    KFrick
    Community Member

@MikeT - thank you so much! This was very helpful!

• KFrick
    KFrick
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

@MikeT - Hello again.. I used to be able to use tags in the browser to find things faster. But since I upgraded when I click on the icon for 1Password in the browser I no longer have the options to find thing via tags. Was that feature removed?

Feeling kinda lost.

Not very tech savvy..

• Hi @KFrick,

We didn't remove it, we didn't implement it yet in the newer 1Password 7 mini. It is definitely coming in a future update.

Right now, what you can do is enter tag:(tagname) in the search field like this:

• KFrick
    KFrick
    Community Member

@MikeT
    Thank you so much. I'm glad to hear there is a work around until it is implemented.

• On behalf of Mike, you're most welcome @KFrick! I'm glad the search feature will be able to serve you well while we continue working on improving 1Password 7. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.