Items dont display but are there

mfink
mfink
Community Member

In the image, you can see one item displayed (Avis). There are items below and if I tap they open up to show the details. But, they don’t actually display on the list. Apple Watch 4, 44mm GPS+Cellular.

Comments

• kaatan
    kaatan
    Community Member

Same here. Apple Watch series 4 with the latest WatchOS. Unusable.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mfink, @kaatan: I'm not able to reproduce what you're describing:

Can either of you offer some specifics? What are the OS and 1Password versions are you using? Are you using local vaults, a 1Password.com account, or both? Have you tried editing another item to Add to Apple Watch? What are the specific item types you're having trouble with? Thanks in advance!

• mfink
    mfink
    Community Member

Mine now works. I don’t know why. The only thing that comes to mind is that I had both my watch 3 and watch 4 paired while I was transitioning. That’s when I had the problem. When I unpaired my series 3 because I was done, the problem went away on my series 4 that stayed paired.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mfink: Ah, that can do it. I still haven't quite figured out the whole switching thing. Maybe Apple hasn't either. Recently I noticed that it seems like simply taking one off the charger results in the iPhone connecting to it, even if I'm still wearing the other. I suspect you won't have that issue any longer if you're getting rid of the other, but definitely reach out if you encounter any other issues.

• aski71
    aski71
    Community Member

Same issue here.

iPhone XS and Watch 4: Watch did not show any items. Played around in 1Password in the Phone. Suddenly the items appear with no real explanation why.

iPhone 6s and Watch 4 of my wife: No items show on the Watch. No matter what I do. Just one Watch paired. 😔

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2018

Same issue here. iPhone XS and Watch 4: Watch did not show any items. Played around in 1Password in the Phone. Suddenly the items appear with no real explanation why.

@aski71: It can just take time for data to be transferred from the iPhone to an Apple Watch, even on the new Series 4. And setting up a "new" (old, but new to me) Series 2 today for testing, that's even more pronounced as apps, complications, notification, and other data slowly trickle in. These aren't speed demons on our wrists, and Bluetooth and Wi-Fi aren't super fast there either. Patience is key. :)

iPhone 6s and Watch 4 of my wife: No items show on the Watch. No matter what I do. Just one Watch paired. 😔

You say "No matter what I do". Can you tell me what you actually tried so far? There's probably something I can suggest.

• aski71
    aski71
    Community Member

These aren‘t exactly snails either. ;-)

The iPhone 6s was replaced by an iPhone XR in the meantime. Same result.

What I tried so far on 6s:

• click „remove item from watch“ then „add item to watch“ on the iPhone for 1 item
    • do the same for all items
    • add a completely new item and add it to the watch
    • uncheck the „use apple watch“ function in settings then check it again
    • remove all items from the watch, uncheck „use apple watch“ then uninstall 1password on the watch, then reinstall, check „use apple watch“ and add an item
    • uninstall 1password completely from iPhone then reinstall
    • buy new iPhone XR and install from backup (that was not because of 1password, of course... ;-) )

in short:
    basically all I was able to do. 😂

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

These aren‘t exactly snails either. ;-)

@aski71: Fair enough. I guess it isn't very fair of me to compare them to my iPhone, Mac, etc. :)

The iPhone 6s was replaced by an iPhone XR in the meantime. Same result. What I tried so far on 6s:
    click „remove item from watch“ then „add item to watch“ on the iPhone for 1 item
    do the same for all items
    add a completely new item and add it to the watch
    uncheck the „use apple watch“ function in settings then check it again
    remove all items from the watch, uncheck „use apple watch“ then uninstall 1password on the watch, then reinstall, check „use apple watch“ and add an item
    uninstall 1password completely from iPhone then reinstall
    buy new iPhone XR and install from backup (that was not because of 1password, of course... ;-) )

You had me going for a second there. Glad to hear the new iPhone wasn't an expensive attempt at a fix, but rather just a solid upgade! :lol:

in short:
    basically all I was able to do. 😂

I hear you. Thanks for confirming! Just to clarify, do you have a device passcode set on both your iPhone and Apple Watch?

• aski71
    aski71
    Community Member

Yes. Passcode is set on iPhone and Watch.
    FaceID is activated.

Just doing another test to see if speed mighte indeed be an issue : Told my wife to open 1password on the phone and on the Watch and just wait.

• @aski71

Hopefully you aren't still waiting. :) Please let us know how it turned out.

Ben

• aski71
    aski71
    Community Member

Still waiting. 😂
    Nothing new to report, unfortunately.
    No item sis showing up on the watch. 🙁

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@aski71: Thanks for clarifying. I'm sorry to do this to you, but in my experience the order can really make a difference. If you're still having trouble, please do the following:

1. Connect both the Apple Watch and iPhone to power
    2. Open the Watch app on your iPhone, scroll down to 1Password, and set "Show on Apple Watch" to the off position
    3. Open 1Password on your iPhone and go to Settings > Apple Watch and set "Enable Apple Watch" to the off position
    4. Wait for it to stop saying "Uninstalling..." (this may never happen, but give it 5 minutes and then move on)
    5. View the apps on your actual Watch and if it is gone (in some cases, even those that completed "Uninstalling..." still show up)
    6. If it's still shown there, hold your finger on it and then tap the (x) (this may not work either)*
    7. Regardless, hold the pill-shaped Side Button on the Watch and Power Off (you'll need to disconnect the power temporarily to do this)
    8. Then, after backing up any local vaults and ensuring you know the Master Password, uninstall 1Password for iOS from your iPhone, hold the iPhone's Lock Button, and Slide to Power Off
    9. Power on both the Apple Watch and iPhone
    10. Verify that 1Password is not shown on the Apple Watch, that this is reflected in the Watch app on the iPhone as well (if not, go back to the beginning), and that 1Password is not shown on the iPhone either
    11. *Install a fresh copy of 1Password on the iPhone, and in 1Password Settings set "Enable Apple Watch" to on
    12. In Watch on the iPhone, go to 1Password and set "Show on Apple Watch" to on
    13. Wait for the app to finish Installing...
    14. Add a new item to Apple Watch by toggling the option in its details.

Let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• aski71
    aski71
    Community Member

🎉👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🙏
    That did the trick!
    Thanks for your help!!!

(Btw.: Step 12 is done by step 11 automatically.)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@aski71: Awesome! Thank you for letting me know. You're very welcome! :) :+1:

I also appreciate you mentioning steps 11 and 12. But while I agree that those (and many others in this process!) should happen automatically, I've found that's not always the case, so better safe than sorry. Thanks again for hanging in there!

This discussion has been closed.