I updated from MacOS High Sierra to Mojave and 1Password is not working as it used to. Help?

I updated the Mac I+OS from High Sierra to Mohave and 1Password stopped working properly. If I choose the Logging Module, where I stored passwords, it kicks me out of 1Password. If I choose the ALL module, it kicks me out of 1 Password. The Accounts Module is the only one that is working as it used to.

I don't know what to do, so that I don't lose all the data I have stored in 1 Password.
Can you help

1Password Version: 1Password origina;
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.14
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I updated from MacOS High Sierra to Mojave and 1Password is not working as it used to. Help?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jjuanki: I'm not sure what you mean by "Logging Module", but 1Password 3 was developed in 2009 and supports only OS X Snow Leopard and Lion. It is not compatible with recent macOS and browser releases. With Safari 12, Apple has discontinued support for the old unsigned extensions, like 1Password 3 used. It absolutely will not work there at all. You can read more details in the announcement at the top of this forum category:

1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X

1Password 7, one the other hand, fully supports macOS Sierra, High Sierra, and Mojave, along with the latest web browsers. You'll have a better experience there, so you may want to consider upgrading. You can get that and the latest version of all of the apps as part of a 1Password.com membership. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• jjuanki
    jjuanki
    Community Member

HI, Brenty

What I meant to type for Login module, is the folder where I had login passwords. If I try to open the folder, the app stops working and I get the message: "that 1Password had an issue and I need to report the problem or ignore it".
    My concern is losing all the data I have stored if I continue blindly troubleshooting. Thanks for your explanation. I was afraid of losing 1Password functionality, by going to OS Mojave.

It's probably time to upgrade the app to 1P7, if the data gets automatically transferred. How much does the app/membership cost? I tried downloading the app for free trial, but the look and feel is so different and I did not know how to edit the data if I wanted to make changes. Perhaps I won't have full functionality with the 1P7, until I purchase the membership.

Please clarify and let me know.

Regards,
    JJuanki

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jjuanki: Thanks for clarifying. Your data will be fine unless you or some software on your computer deletes it; the old version of 1Password just does not work well on the new version of macOS.

As far as upgrading, it isn't something that will happen automatically, but there's a very easy process to migrate your existing data:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

And certainly if you have any questions about the new version, let me know. I'll be happy to help. :)

• jjuanki
    jjuanki
    Community Member

Hi, again,
    I have more questions:
    a) If I move the data to 1P account, is this data encrypted and protected against hackers?
    b) I asked you in previous email about the new version cost and how to go about getting it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Hi, again, I have more questions:

@jjuanki: Great! I love questions! :glasses:

a) If I move the data to 1P account, is this data encrypted and protected against hackers?

All data is encrypted locally using "keys" which only you possess, so "hackers" would need to steal those from you directly in order to access your data.

b) I asked you in previous email about the new version cost and how to go about getting it.

You can find pricing in the link I sent you earlier, but there's additional information specific to the new version here:

1Password 7 for Mac: The Best Ever

Cheers! :)

• jjuanki
    jjuanki
    Community Member

Hi, Brenty

Thanks for ur quick reply. I will play with this tomorrow.

Cheers back!
    JJuanki

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good! We're here if you need us. :chuffed: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.