Font size too small in notes

persona
persona
Community Member

I'm a fan of 1Password, but find on my Mac that the text in items is too small for me to read easily (age-related but not entirely).

Is there a way I can increase the font size? If not, please add this to my feature request list.

Thanks in advance

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14
Sync Type: not sure

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@persona - there's not currently any way to increase font size, mostly due to layout concerns. But I'll definitely pass along your wishes, and thanks for taking the time to share them with us. :)

• persona
    persona
    Community Member

Hi @Lars

I'm typing this on a MacBook Air - small screen, with high resolution. I've just checked many of my 1Password entries. Most of the logins are predominantly blank screen, and the same is true of my passwords and many of the other categories. Where there is data, most of the lines are very short. Where there is more data than can fit on one screen, I have to scroll anyway. Additionally, in such cases, the most relevant information is at the top of the item screen. Accordingly, I do not see that even a significantly larger font would compromise the layout significantly, while as it is, my UX is definitely suboptimal.

For me at least, legibility and ease of use are much more important than data density, and it seems only sensible to have, at least, a user option to choose desired font size, or to have a slider (as with, say, Omnifocus) to choose between smaller and larger font sizes, thereby giving us control over the density of data on one screen, and resulting layout changes.

Thanks in advance!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@persona - thanks for weighing in. :)

• chirpity
    chirpity
    Community Member
    edited March 2019

It would be highly beneficial to be able to increase the font size. I see there are several requests in the forum for it.
    If not in any other spot, then just the username and password fields. For some reason, in the Mac app, that section has even smaller fonts than the rest of the interface. Not sure why that is?

• Hi @chirpity

We do have a "large type" option for passwords that may be helpful:

Thanks for taking the time to share your perspective on this issue. I'll pass the feedback along to development to see if perhaps there are additional improvements we can consider.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.