Apple watch only shows one-time password and not regular password [improved in 7.2.2]

13»

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That's great to hear! Thanks again for your feedback on this. :chuffed:

• TheDave
    TheDave
    Community Member

Interestingly, I didn't need to do anything special here.

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member

Yes I would never have known this feature now works, as the release notes don't make note of having to re-add it. I was furiously tapping on the OTP to no avail. This thread solved it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@BrokenHope: I haven't found a good way to work around that on our end, no. The data on the watch is completely separate from what's on the phone, and it's encrypted by the OS. Glad that re-adding helped though. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@TheDave: I can't think of a reason why that would be the case...unless you just got a new watch. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@TravelSD: Sorry for the confusion there. We'll see if we can reliably "refresh" the data on the watch in the future without causing other issues.

• TheDave
    TheDave
    Community Member

I did get a new watch! But I checked the old one too and passwords appear there too, so something triggered a reload. Odd.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for confirming. If we can figure out how that happened maybe we can turn that into a feature. :lol:

• deviantintegral
    deviantintegral
    Community Member

Is there an option to restore the old behaviour, and sync just the TOTP codes? I was really surprised to see new synced items had a password on the watch, which you can only see if you know to tap the icon. The screenshot in the docs at https://support.1password.com/apple-watch/ even shows a TOTP code without indicating a password is synced.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@deviantintegral: The behaviour hasn't changed. If you add a Login item which has a TOTP secret saved in to Apple Watch, that will be shown by default. As discussed here last year, tapping it will display the username and password instead.

This discussion has been closed.