Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• portorikan
    portorikan
    Community Member

Used the solution and it worked for me as well. Just had to make my account and admin account before doing it (FYI for anyone who sets up a separate admin account on their computers).

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

• jandreoni
    jandreoni
    Community Member

Having the same problem, spoke with AppleCare a few mins ago, and of course, they said the problem was with 1P and to wait for an update from AgileBits.

Sent a diagnostic report through 1P. Ticket ID is:

ELE-98984-335

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jandreoni - thanks. One of us will be with you shortly via email.

ref: ELE-98984-335

• jandreoni
    jandreoni
    Community Member

Thanks, @Lars !

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jandreoni - you're quite welcome. It may not be immediately, as we answer support requests in the order we receive them, but as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience. :)

• jandreoni
    jandreoni
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

@Lars No worries. Like I told Apple last night, it's more of an inconvenience that it's not working because it's awesome tech. It's nothing critical. I've been using 1P for years and years and it's my favorite and most-used piece of software, so I'll hang tight. Thanks again! =)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

• TheDandee
    TheDandee
    Community Member

I just ran into this problem and I do understand that sometimes there are issues when a new OS comes out and will try the suggested script. However, that post reads rather poorly. It basically says that we as your customers and users are responsible for this issue. "If you've gotten your Keychain into a state..." All I did was run the update to the new OS exactly as I have every time before.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@TheDandee - it wasn't meant to suggest anything in particular, other than the fact that the vast majority of the cases we've seen so far of this are where a user has migrated from an earlier Mac or otherwise moved their login keychains, which had the Secure Enclave data associated with it. That's where these problems mostly arise.

So, can I ask whether you're still having this problem, or did the solution work for you?

• TheDandee
    TheDandee
    Community Member

@Lars Running the script in terminal fixed my issue.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad to hear it! :) :+1:

• lemic
    lemic
    Community Member

FYI: By resetting the keychain and updating to 10.14.1 mojave yesterday, the issue actually was resolved.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Glad to hear that helped in your case as well. Thank you for the update! :chuffed:

• ssbanderson
    ssbanderson
    Community Member

@brenty is it possible to get instructions for the fix in more layman's terms? I'm not very savvy with keychain or terminal commands, but would like to fix the issue.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @ssbanderson! Unfortunately not. The process requires doing these things; there's really no shortcut or magic button that will do it for you. If you have any specific questions about what to do, feel free to ask us here, preferably before you begin the process.

• spikeone
    spikeone
    Community Member

Case #NFA-23371-634

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@spikeone - Thanks for letting us know you sent in a report to our email support team. One of us will be with you in the order we received your email! :)

• Dagdrivergjengen
    Dagdrivergjengen
    Community Member

Worked for me too! Hallelujah!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Dagdrivergjengen - glad to hear it! :)

• jandreoni
    jandreoni
    Community Member

@Lars Happy to say that the Terminal trick worked for me ONLY after updating to 10.4.1. I tried several times under 10.4 with no luck, so yay! Thanks for your help!

• mcwinterr
    mcwinterr
    Community Member
    edited November 2018

I'm having the same issue and the Terminal trick did not work for me. Just bought a new Macbook Air with Mojave 10.14.1, and set up 1Password 7 (version 7.2.1) and although the option is enabled, there is no option to use Touch ID to authenticate anywhere via 1Password.

What is the solution? Do I really need to reinstall everything? I just bought the computer new!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jandreoni: Can you tell me what happened exactly? Did you receive a specific error when trying the terminal commands in 10.4? That's actually the only place I've done it myself.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mcwinterr: Did you then copy your Keychain from the old computer? I haven't heard of any cases of this happening on a brand new setup. It would be helpful to know either way. Did you try the steps provided? If so, what exactly "did not work"?

• jandreoni
    jandreoni
    Community Member

@brenty No errors, it just wasn't working under 10.4. The mv command certainly moved my Keychain folder out with zero issue, but after restarting and dragging it back in into ~/LIbrary, nothing changed with TouchID and 1P. I ran the exact same steps after upgrading to 10.4.1 and it worked just fine.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jandreoni - huh! Well, I'm willing to take the win on that one, since you are the only example of it we've heard of yet, and we're not likely to be able to figure out why it happened at this point, in retrospect after the problem's resolved. Keep an eye on things, and let us know if the problem recurs.

• jandreoni
    jandreoni
    Community Member

@Lars Will do, haha. Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

• mcwinterr
    mcwinterr
    Community Member

@brenty - no I didn't copy anything over. But upon setup, I logged into my iCloud, which likely copied over my existing Keychain, no?

I did try the steps provided, to no avail. I ran the Terminal command, and rebooted. I re-setup my fingerprints in System Preferences and reselected the Touch ID option in 1Password. But unfortunately, there is still no option to use Touch ID to authenticate anywhere via 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.