1Password X does not fill in second factor for ccp.netcup.net

janxb
janxb
Community Member
edited October 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

Problem is already stated in the title. 1Password does not fill in the second factor for ccp.netcup.net. I have to manually open the login in the extension and copy the TFA token from there. If it is important: I have multiple logins saved for that page. But this works fine on other sites like cloudflare.com, so I don't think that this might be the cause..

I have attached a field export from 1Password and the HTML source code of the TFA page: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qEDwCDdPhSkkTxUeWqEjLd4dxQvOV8Mw

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.12.2
OS Version: Windows 10 / Google Crome
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @janxb,

That page doesn't seem big on breadcrumbs but I wonder if the keyword TAN is something we should be reacting to (if we don't already) or give it more weight if it's already something we look for.

I do have a couple of questions to help understand the extent if you don't mind given I don't think I'll be able to create a test account.

1. When the page first loads does the page leave focus on the TAN field?
    2. Does 1Password display the icon in the field like it does for other fields?
    3. If the answer to 2 is no, can you right click on the field and select the contextual menu option Show 1Password. From there you 1Password X should offer to fill the field using your netcup Login item. If you do this what does it currently fill into the field? This is to better understand what 1Password is currently designating the field as given it isn't recognising it as being a 2FA field.

Your answers will help ensure the issue filed is as accurate as possible in lieu of being able to test 1Password X on the page ourselves and thank you in advance for your help :smile:

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @janxb,

That's all great information, thank you. With that hopefully we can correct 1Password X's behaviour although I do wish it was possible for us to reach the page ourselves but if there was a way to create an account without first signing up for a service I couldn't see it.

ref: x/b5x#666

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for the report, and your patience and willingness to work with us. Hopefully we'll be able to find a solution. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for the update, and the kind words! Glad to hear that helped. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.