Searching passwords

greencode
greencode
Community Member

Is there any way to search only in the password field? I can see you can search All Items > Passwords > is > ****** however this also searches the "Previously used passwords". I only need it to search the current passwords. Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:search password field

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@greencode - I'm not sure I follow. If you click "Show Search Options" and choose All Items and Password is, you won't get previously used password items in your results, unless you still have them saved as discrete password items in 1Password, and then you'll only get the actual Password item. If that password exists in the Password History section of a Login item, the Login won't be part of the results of such a search.

Try narrowing your search from "All Items" to just "Logins" (which presumably would be the current password for sites you have saved), and see if that's more to your liking.

• greencode
    greencode
    Community Member

Thanks for replying. If I search All Items > Password > Is "MYPASSWORDHERE" then it will also list those items that I've previously used the password I'm searching for! This is visible when I click the "show previously used passwords"

Narrowing the search from All items to Logins has no effect.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@greencode - is your version of 1Password for Mac up to date? If not, please update to the latest version by using 1Password > Check for updates.

• greencode
    greencode
    Community Member

It is on the latest version; 6.8.9.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@greencode -- ah, that may very well be the issue: the current version of 1Password is 7.2.1

• greencode
    greencode
    Community Member

Ah. So when I click "Check for Updates" it says I'm using the latest version?!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@greencode -- you ARE using the latest version...of 1Password 6 for Mac. But 1Password 7 for Mac was released in May, and version 6 has been retired to legacy status. Hope that helps. :)

This discussion has been closed.