1Password 7.2.1 Mac not offering to save new logins

greyj
greyj
Community Member

I’m assisting a client in setting up 1Password 7 (7.2.1) in macOS 10.13.6. I’ve configured it with Dropbox sync, installed browser extensions in Firefox and Chrome (latest).

Here’s the problem: 1Password is not offering to save new logins in Chrome or Firefox (or Safari 12, for that matter). I’ve reinstalled the browser extensions, restarted the 1Password “helper” process — and even uninstalled / reinstalled 1Password.app. Still no prompts to save new logins. Browser prefs to save logins is disabled on both browsers. Is this happening because 1Password is in “Trial” mode? If not, what’s going on, and what else can I try that I haven’t already? I have two other (personal) Macs sitting in front of me — both running 10.13.6 and the latest version (7.2.1) of 1Password 7 (licensed), and the “save login” function works fine.

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: macos 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1Password not offering to save new logins

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@greyj - it sounds as if 1Password 7 for Mac has not been paid for. Your client will need to either subscribe to a 1password.com membership by visiting the main 1Password sign-up page and subscribing, then transferring his/her data, or by clicking the Read Only badge which will be visible on each of his/her items in the main 1Password window, and choosing the option to purchase a standalone license for version 7. In Read Only mode, you cannot add, delete or edit any of your data, nor use the browser extension(s). Lastly, version 7.2.1 will only work in Safari if you've also downloaded Safari 12 for him/her. 7.2 and later will no longer work with Safari 11 or earlier, due to changes Apple made to extensions in Safari 12.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2018

@greyj: It would be really helpful to know the specific browser versions being used and where they are installed. Hint: if they're not up to date and/or they (or 1Password) reside somewhere other than /Applications, it's not going to work, even with a license.

This discussion has been closed.