1Password 7.2.2 beta 4 keeps crashing

beirne
beirne
Community Member

7.2.2 beta 4 keeps crashing on my Mac running Mojave while it is running on its own and me not doing anything. I have submitted the debug information on restart. Is there anything else to do?

1Password Version: 7.2.2 beta 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1Password crashes

Comments

• Hi @beirne ,

Can you say when it crashes? Is it upon launch, when unlocking, when locking, etc.? Or is it random times?

We've located your crash report and are looking into the crash.

Thanks,
    Kevin

• beirne
    beirne
    Community Member

It crashes when I am doing nothing on the computer. The crash message may pop up when I'm just sitting at my desk, or I may get back onto the Mac and discover it.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited November 2018

I'm experiencing random crashes as well with 1Password 7.2.2 beta 4 on High Sierra (I submitted a crash report just now). Usually I don't have the main app open so I think it might be crashing silently? Because I only notice 1Password is not running when trying to fill a login and nothing happens.

• Thanks for letting us know. We do know of a crash that is occurring at lock time that we are looking into.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• Marco Van de Water
    Marco Van de Water
    Community Member
    edited November 2018

Hi,

I am experiencing the same. About 5-10 crashes a day. Mostly I notice when I want the fill in a password and 1Password does not react because it crashed. Send several crash reports already.

I did a complete reinstall of 1Password (including user settings etc.) but that did not help...

(Running on MacOS Mojave Public Beta 2 with 1Password 7 Version 7.2.2.BETA-5 (70202005)

Regards,
    Marco

• ...and again a crash first thing in the morning (living in Europe). I again send a crash report. I would appreciate some feedback on this.

• testastretta
    testastretta
    Community Member

I'm also seeing it quit unexpectedly and for no known reason. Come back to my machine and it is not there. When I restart, it asks me to submit a bug report. I've sent three in, including one this morning. Note that there has been an update since the previous two crashes of the same nature. Here's a few lines from the full crash report.

Incident Identifier: 9B6FDB38-6DC1-46B4-AF9B-5CAD29B66272
    CrashReporter Key: DD96FFC4-1116-5C7B-985B-A40C732A044F
    Hardware Model: MacBookPro14,2
    Process: 1Password 7 [1062]
    Path:
    Identifier: com.agilebits.onepassword7
    Version: 7.2.2.BETA-5 (70202005)
    Code Type: X86-64
    Parent Process: launchd [1]

Date/Time: 2018-11-09T16:06:03Z
    Launch Time: 2018-11-08T09:08:12Z
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.14.2 (18C38b)
    Report Version: 104

Exception Type: SIGABRT
    Exception Codes: #0 at 0x7fff5af6d23e
    Crashed Thread: 0

Application Specific Information:
    *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Decrypted overview is nil. Overview data is not nil'

And the last few lines of activity prior to the crash:

Fri Nov 9 10:00:46 2018| 70202005 [STORE:(Main Thread):] E retrieveLicenseFromICloudKeychain | Unable to fetch license data from iCloud Keychain: (null)
    Fri Nov 9 10:00:46 2018| 70202005 [STORE:(Main Thread):] W license | Trying to access license with no data

• Yup, these will stop happening when we release 7.2.2 next week.

• @rudy That would be great. For now I moved back to latest version of 1Password 6. Version 6 works as fast and stable as it always did.

• iWilliamsJ
    iWilliamsJ
    Community Member

7.2.2 Beta 1,2,3,4 and 5 keeps crashing on my Mac running Mojave while it is open but some times does happen when is syncing with iCloud too it seems. I have submitted the debug information on restart.

• 7.2.2 has now been released.

• iWilliamsJ
    iWilliamsJ
    Community Member

Thank you very much, this final build seems to have fixed the problem for now.

• 7.2.3b0 is now published, if you're still seeing this particular crash please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.