Can't add 6th family member to account linked to business account

carrosaurus
carrosaurus
Community Member

I have a family account that is linked to a business account. I have a large family. I don't mind paying $1 for additional family members, but I cant figure out how.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@carrosaurus: Sorry for the confusion. It isn't possible to do that since you're not paying for the account, the company is. If we allowed you to add more family members above the 5 which are included in the family plan, you'd end up billing your company for them, not paying for them yourself. I'm sorry that's not ideal, but there isn't a way to bill multiple payment methods for the same account, for only specific users. You can, however, invite up to 5 guests and they will have access to a single vault you share with them. Otherwise, unfortunately, you'd need to cancel billing through the business and set it up for yourself. That would allow you to invite as many family membership as you wish.

• jdwoskin
    jdwoskin
    Community Member

Has this problem been resolved yet? I've been slowly getting my family members to join us in 1Password, so I'm now at 5 people. I also just linked my existing family account to my business account. I'd like to continue to add my family members and am happy to pay the $1 charge. I've already provided billing information for my family account. When will this be resolved?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jdwoskin: Sorry, no. There isn't a way for an account to have two separate billing methods, as would be necessary for the company to pay for the first 5 users but then you yourself pay for number 6 and above. `It may be we can find a way to do that in the future, but I'm not sure that would even be a good idea because of how complex it would be to support that, and confusing for users to manage in their accounts.

You can, however, invite up to 5 people as guests:

https://support.1password.com/guests/

Guests have access to a single vault you share with them, so it's useful for sharing with, say, an accountant, or with less-technical family members who could use help managing their data. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.