Rename Credit Cards to Bank Cards

2»

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@OAW - it's not a bad suggestion, I'll pass it along. But don't necessarily expect it to change anytime soon. The truth is that in several cases, there are any number of ways to describe something, each with its advantages and disadvantages. You would likely not believe how much internal debate went on with the 1Password Teams individual vault that every member of a 1Password Teams account gets. When we called it "Personal," we found that people dumped their own private-life stuff in there, resulting in cases where people would leave a job and lose access to their OWN data. We thought about calling it "Employee"...until we realized there were plenty of non-profit and volunteer organizations or other groups that weren't strictly employers, where calling it that would sound weird. Calling it "Private" had some of the same problems as "Personal" but also made IT managers and owners upset that employees should have anything called "Private" in the context of work, where the service was provided by and paid for by the company. You get the idea. Often, there's no perfect solution, only several pretty good ones, each with its drawbacks. Thanks for sharing your perspective on this. :)

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member

@Lars I work as a Product Manager for a living. Trust me I get it! :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• rlh
    rlh
    Community Member

But as earlier discussion noted, one might also have ATM / Cashpoint cards stored there. Should it be "Debit/Credit/ATM Cards"?

I think the term "credit card" is fairly generic (at least to me as a middle-aged American), much like "Xerox" meaning photocopy or "Kleenex" representing all facial tissues.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That's a good point...but those other examples make me feel like maybe these are habits I need to unlearn. Could take me a while though. :lol:

• rlh
    rlh
    Community Member

While I'm sure that someone will be unhappy no matter the outcome, this was one of the most entertaining and educational discussions I've had the pleasure of participating in on the 1Password forums. What great people hang out here...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I have to agree. We're lucky to have such a fun, passionate community. :chuffed:

• @rlh

Thanks for saying so! Agreed.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.