Purchase and Install of 1P 7

BikerBob
BikerBob
Community Member

I downloaded and installed the new version of 1P to my iMac.

It opens and runs just fine.

Two questions:
1. In my Apps folder I see both the old v 6.8.9 and the new v 7. Do I delete the v 6.8.9?
2. How do I pay for the upgrade now, while v 7 is still on sale?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mojave
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@BikerBob - I'm surprised that 1Password 7 for Mac did not uninstall version 6 for you; it should have. However, if you still have 6.8.x and want to get rid of it (you shouldn't have multiple versions on the same Mac), then just make sure to Quit 1Password and the Mini by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu), and then you can delete it by dragging it to the trash.

If you have not yet purchased a license for 1Password 7 for Mac and you don't have a 1password.com membership, then there should be a "Read Only" badge on all your items in the main window of 1Password 7 for Mac. Click it and you'll get a pop-up to purchase a standalone license or a subscription (if you downloaded 1Password 7 for Mac from us; if you got it from the Mac App Store, you'll only see the subscription/membership option). Hope this helps! :)

• BikerBob
    BikerBob
    Community Member

So sorry not to have responded earlier; having a terrible time upgrading from HS to Mojave.

Followed your very clear instructions (for which, many thanks).

1P 6 has been properly deleted. When I open 1P 7, I get the "Already have a membership? or Need a license?"

l do not have membership and I purchased 1P from the App Store, so clicking on "Already have a membership?" is not an option.

When I click on "Need a license?", I get "Standalone licenses are available when you install 1P from our website."

I do NOT want to mess up 1P as I have have been adding passwords and other data to it since v 3.7.5!!

So, how can I get a license for 1P 7 since I purchased 1P from the App Store?.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@BikerBob - no worries at all. We're here when you need us. :) You didn't purchase 1Password 7 for Mac from the Mac App Store, you just downloaded it from there. We don't actually sell version 7 of 1Password for Mac directly via the Mac App Store, so you have to download it from us in order to get the standalone license purchase option.

Fortunately, in version 7, both our version and the Mac App Store version store the data in the same place (which was not the case in earlier versions). So you can simply quit 1Password 7 for Mac, delete it by dragging to the trash, then download our version directly from our downloads page and install it, and you'll see your data right as you left it.

Don't forget to Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu) to make sure it's FULLY quit. Once you do that, you should get the option to purchase a standalone license. Let me know how you get on! :)

• BikerBob
    BikerBob
    Community Member

Hi Lars,

Been crazy busy and did not want to approach upgrading 1P in a hurry & get things wrong.

Followed your clear instructions and all went just fine. I got the upgrade while the sale was still on and received my new license to use on this MB Pro and on my IMac.

Many thanks for your assistance.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Bikerbob - you're quite welcome! I'm glad I was able to help. Drop by anytime if you have questions or run into any snags. :)

This discussion has been closed.