To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1Password 7: Charing Us For Previously Free Features

Options
mileskahn
mileskahn
Community Member

What a disappointment to discover that after upgrading "free" to 1Password 7 the set of features I've enjoyed for years are now "subscription-based" only. I've been a loyal user, recommended your app to countless friends and family. It's a real shame.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• mileskahn
    mileskahn
    Community Member
    Options

Being able to auto fill items on a website is now a paid feature. That’s a pretty basic one.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Auto-FILL still works as it did. Auti-SUBMIT got removed by Apple during a recent update. One just has to press Return after filling. Annoying, but easy enough to do, and one soon gets used to it.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

What platform are you using 1Password on?

It sounds like you're talking about functionality in the desktop version (macOS or Windows), but as far as I know those versions have never been free (the iOS App is, unless you want the Pro features).

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

That seems a more likely explanation for what is happening than the one I gave earlier.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mileskahn: I'm sorry for the confusion. 1Password has never been free. In many cases it is a free download with an in-app purchase to unlock it, but it just isn't possible for us to develop software without getting paid -- and there wouldn't be anyone here to reply in that case either. As far as using 1Password to fill login credentials, that also requires a valid license. I was able to find a license for you from almost exactly 9 years ago, for 1Password for Mac version 3 and have resent it via email. You're entitled to use that for as long as you have something compatible to run it on. But a lot has changed since then, and it won't work with any recent OS or browser releases. If you've purchased a more recent version of 1Password, it wasn't through us, so it isn't something we can look up or give you. An App Store purchase would need to be downloaded from your Apple ID's purchase history, for example. But if you want to use the latest version of 1Password, you'd either need to get it as part of a 1Password.com membership or purchase a license for that particular version. Otherwise, any license you purchased already can be used with the version you paid for. If you need help with any of that, let me know the specifics. I'll be happy to assist. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed, danco is often right. I'm glad I don't usually have to disagree with him. :lol:

This discussion has been closed.