I have Password 3 & want to upgrade to membership but I seem to have lost all my 1Password info

I have 1Password 3 and when my mac upgraded to Mojave my 1Password app no longer shows any info stored in it. From reading threads in the forum I understand that Mojave won't run 1Password 3. I'd like to upgrade to a membership account but I don't know how to get the info from my 1Password 3 to transfer it. Have I lost it or can it be recaptured? 1Password 3 still works on my iphone which gives me hope. Please advise. Thanks.

1Password Version: 3
Extension Version: 3.8.22
OS Version: macOS Mojave
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@laurabowles8: Sure! Just install 1Password 7 from our website:

https://1password.com/downloads/

You can setup your membership right there, and then use 1Password File > Import > 1Password Keychain to select your existing AgileKeychain vault to add your existing data. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• laurabowles8
    laurabowles8
    Community Member

Is there anyway to actually speak to you to walk me through this? I've spent so much time trying to figure out how to import my previous account info but have had no success. I'm so anxious to figure it out as I've realized how much I rely on 1password throughout my day. I've signed up for a membership but the steps you outline above don't make sense based on the screen I see when I open the app. The first screen I get says "used 1Passwrod before?" and gives me options to sync using 1password, icloud or dropbox - none of which work for me. I've tried them all and get error codes for each; "no response code from server". Please help. And if you can advise as to whether I can actually speak to someone I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@laurabowles8: We don't have a call center. We're able to help here in the forum and via email. If you prefer the latter, send it to support@1password.com and post the Support ID you receive here.

It sounds like you didn't follow my advice from the previous reply, since I didn't suggest anything having to do with iCloud or Dropbox. You should sign up for a new account in the app, and then you'll be able to import your existing data.

If you're still having trouble, could you please clarify what you're seeing exactly? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

• laurabowles8
    laurabowles8
    Community Member

Hi. I'm happy to say that I finally got it to work. It's important to note that I was opening the 1Password 7 app and following your initial directions and it wouldn't work. I had to log into 1password.com and then sign into the app for your directions made sense.
    But now one more question, once I imported my data it didn't ask me if I wanted to remove my old vault as is recommended. How do I go about doing that? Or is it already removed since my operating system no longer supports 1password 3?
    Thanks for your help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@laurabowles8: We're definitely not on the same page then. Did you setup your original vault in 1Password for some reason, instead of importing the data into your account as I suggested?

This discussion has been closed.