Recover family password?

davidjohansson
davidjohansson
Community Member

Hi agilebits!
I've got a family account with two users. I seem to have forgotten the master password for the family account, though I've still got access to the following:
1. The family accounts emergency kit
2. My own account, it's master password and it's emergency kit - that is I can access this account fully.

Is there a way I can recover the family account password using this?
Best regards
David

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, any admin on a family (or team) account can help others go through recovery. But if the admin account is the one locked out and there are no other admins, you're out of luck. You'd need the account credentials in that case.

• davidjohansson
    davidjohansson
    Community Member
    edited November 2018

Ok, got it.
    What are my options then? Can I create a new family (that sounds weird...) and add all members to that?

• @davidjohansson
    Unfortunately, if the owner account for the family can't be accessed then we will have to start a new family ;)

If you open a ticket with us using the contact form here: https://support.1password.com/contact-us/

We will verify your ownership of the account and help get you up and running once more with a new family account.

Once you have a ticket open please reply here with the Ticket ID, so that we can keep track of it's progress.

This discussion has been closed.